Help,

I use my phone all day and by late lunch its parctically dead.

What am i doing wrong??
    02-10-09 02:28 PM
    its probably defective
    02-10-09 02:30 PM
    Check out this topic for some handy tips to lengthen your battery life

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/how...-storm-137580/

Half a day of usage though even without these does sound a bit extreme though, there is a chance your battery is bad. You can have your battery replaced by VZW and see if that helps.
    02-10-09 02:32 PM
    Do you have any apps that are causing the back light to come on at all times? I found that google sync was destroying my battery lol. You might try turning the back light options down.

My BB doesn't leave my side and I use it all day...it barely makes it lol but it makes it!

02-10-09 02:33 PM
    Help,

What am i doing wrong??

UH, we could use a little more information. Like what OS are you running, what apps are loaded, etc.

I've had some issues with battery drain and might have some ideas for you.
    02-10-09 03:01 PM
    IF none of the suggestions that others have posted helped, you could always get the Seido extended battery, it basically doubles your battery life.
    02-10-09 03:04 PM
    It helped my battery life a lot when I started keeping my GPS off when not in use, which I don't use it very often.
    02-10-09 03:08 PM
    UH, we could use a little more information. Like what OS are you running, what apps are loaded, etc.

I've had some issues with battery drain and might have some ideas for you.
    Sorry i have an unlocked 9500. It's as it comes out the box.
    All i have done extra is set up my email account.

I have not done anything extra and to be honest would not know if there are a million things running at once!!

cheers mike
    02-10-09 03:10 PM
    try using a band-aid
    02-10-09 03:13 PM
    Help,

What am i doing wrong??
    In addition to heavy use do you pocket carry? I noticed every step I take is a screen press. Locked or not it comes on

I started facing the screen out to resolve this but now concerned about leaning against something & breaking it.
    02-10-09 03:26 PM
    I would check your back light options...this helped me out TONS...also it seems like texting messaging takes a lot of battery lol.

02-10-09 03:29 PM
    have you tried a battery pull ? I had something similar on my Pearl
    02-10-09 03:35 PM
    Help,

What am i doing wrong??
    I found that blackberry messenger drained my battery. I normally get a bb Im from a colleague each morning. If I forget to end the conversation my battery is completely drained by mid afternoon. The conversation even stays open after a battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 03:35 PM
    I found that blackberry messenger drained my battery. I normally get a bb Im from a colleague each morning. If I forget to end the conversation my battery is completely drained by mid afternoon. The conversation even stays open after a battery pull!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Ya I found that out the hard way too lol.
    02-10-09 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD