i dont have the new phone thing every two years till next June and i REALLY want the phone. so how can i get it before and not pay 550?
    11-21-08 07:54 PM
    you could add another line to your account.
    11-21-08 08:11 PM
    You'd still end up spending at least $250 if my calculations are right.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 08:34 PM
    i dont need another line. but thanks for the tip. ahh i think im going to have to wait till june. i want the storm but im not about to drop about half a grand on it.
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    Can't you sign a new 2 year agreement for the $250 price? Essentially starting over your 2 year clock to get the $250 price.

How much do you pay for service every month, how long have you been a customer & have you been late paying bills? Thinking you could be considered a VIP and get $50 even though you aren't yet eligible for NE2.

2 yr agreement price $249 - $50MIR - $50 VIP = $149.
    11-21-08 09:40 PM
    im on a family plan. and im an extended line. someone else in the family already used the $100 rebate they give out. but thats what i thought, shouldnt i be able to extend my contract at any time and get the extension price reduction?
    11-21-08 10:29 PM
    I think it depends on how recently you used a contract extension. If it was weeks or a month ago I'm guessing no.

I really don't know for sure so your last question is best answered by a VZW person. Call the 880 # and ask.
    11-21-08 10:39 PM
    The only way around this that I see is to either add another line or sell my Curve on Ebay. With any luck, I might get $150-$200 for it.
    11-21-08 10:44 PM
    Pitch a fit like I did on the phone! I insisted on a supervisor. I have 2 months left..but I was willing to eat the $50 credit I would get by waiting BUT not pay $400. I have been a VZW customer for over 4 years so why treat me like that charge me double what you are charging online. The CSR relented, passed me to a supervisor and he agreed to the $199 (w MIR)..but in the end..they screwed me. My order got entered in the system AFTER noon so instead of the 11/25 he promised me..I just called back and now it is 12/5. I told them to cancel and she said they couldn;t because the order was "already out"..whatever that means. She said I should just refuse it..but I am going to call AMEX and see if I can block them from charging it.. that is BS..why ship an order if the customer doesn't want it and just have me refuse it?? BS!! I hate them right now!
    11-21-08 10:49 PM
    Can't you break your contract for $175 (they prorate down if you are close to the end of your contract), then get a new 2 yr contract w/ phone for $200? $375 is better than $550...

-E
    11-21-08 10:52 PM
    http://wireless.bestbuy.com/specialo...f74d7d8d0adfdb

Welcome to our Wireless World

click on contract extension link in each site 279 best buy 299 wirefly
    11-21-08 10:54 PM
    I spoke to my Verizon rep on Wednesday. I knew I wasn't due for NE2 until August 2009, so I asked if I can just renew my contract to get the phone for $199. He checked my account and said I could on December 24. He said that you need to have your current contract for 1 year before you can renew it. OP should check with their local rep to see when they are eligible to renew their contract. You won't get the extra NE2 discounts, but you can get the 2 year contract price. That's what I will be doing. I'm not looking forward to waiting until December 24, but it will be a Stormy Christmas for me!
    11-21-08 11:04 PM
    Pitch a fit like I did on the phone! I insisted on a supervisor. I have 2 months left..but I was willing to eat the $50 credit I would get by waiting BUT not pay $400. I have been a VZW customer for over 4 years so why treat me like that charge me double what you are charging online. The CSR relented, passed me to a supervisor and he agreed to the $199 (w MIR)..but in the end..they screwed me. My order got entered in the system AFTER noon so instead of the 11/25 he promised me..I just called back and now it is 12/5. I told them to cancel and she said they couldn;t because the order was "already out"..whatever that means. She said I should just refuse it..but I am going to call AMEX and see if I can block them from charging it.. that is BS..why ship an order if the customer doesn't want it and just have me refuse it?? BS!! I hate them right now!
    Wow, just wow. The only BS I read is the person that badgered Verizon to give him a deal he shouldn't have gotten in the first place & now wants to back out by disputing charges he begged Verizon to make for him. Were you the kid that used to take his ball and go home crying the minute the game started not going his way? I don't think you could have found a more difficult path to get what you want than what you just described. In the end 12/5 will come around and you won't have the phone because you backed out after all that wasted time (yours, Verizon's, AMEX).
    11-21-08 11:23 PM

****...I'll give you 300 for it. =P
    11-21-08 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD