How can i do a soft reset on my storm?
    Since i have a silicone rubber case, i hate taking it off every time to do a battery pull.

Thanks
    12-27-08 05:28 PM
    There is a third party app available, use the search tool...it's free!
    12-27-08 05:29 PM
    download soft reset and readup on how to set it up...

Last edited by JeffH; 12-27-08 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Fixed thread title and deleted comment about it
    12-27-08 05:35 PM
    Sorry guys it was just a quick reflex when i was typing. and thanks all for the search suggestion.
    12-27-08 05:43 PM
    Sorry, you have two options... One is called QuickPull and the other is called SoftReset. Both do the same thing and both can be found here http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/bl...-thread-107305 I personally prefer QuickPull but it is just a matter of preference, as the both do the same thing.
    12-27-08 05:48 PM
    Do not apologize. Next time don't use a ? For the title but you may ask what you want. To everyone else, either answer the question or move on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 05:49 PM
    Try this link.

The second result is to download the "Soft Reset" application.
    The fourth result has the Quick Pull that was mentioned above.
    12-27-08 06:09 PM
    never got soft reset to work on the Storm but quick pull is great. Just a matter of luck for me I suppose.
    12-27-08 06:10 PM
    I switched from SoftReset to QuickPull on the Storm. Worked better for me.
    12-27-08 06:12 PM
    Thanks guys i got both working on my storm but decided to stay with quick pull which is much better in my opinion.
    12-27-08 06:30 PM
    They work but usually do not work when you really need them. Like when the phone has hung or something. Then you either wait for a few minutes to see if it can un-hang itself, as it does sometimes and gets an uncaught exception or you have to bull the battery and make it do a hard reset.

The Softrest is good when you just want to reboot and the Storm is still somewhat functional.

I wish that there was an options to just mash the RED button for 30 seconds or so and have it reboot. Like have it start doing the TURNING OFF and if you still have the RED button pressed force a reboot instead.
    12-27-08 08:34 PM
    Like have it start doing the TURNING OFF and if you still have the RED button pressed force a reboot instead.
    I was thinking the exact same thing today. Having the soft reset function pre-installed/built seems like such a simple feature for RIM to include, but then again what do I know? Still lovin' it.
    12-27-08 08:41 PM
    just got my storm,what would cause me to have to do a reset and how offten does something like that happen.

dawgs80
    12-27-08 10:18 PM
    Low memory is the main cause for needing to do a reset. Quick Pull is wonderful.
    12-27-08 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD