How do you set up exceptions? I have seen this mentioned a few times, and have yet to figure it out (although I haven't tried very hard).
    Setting up Exceptions is sorta easy. You do it in PROFILES. I don't know how exactly to use it to block numbers only because by the sounds of the way they did it, whomever you're blocking is still getting through to your phone and can still leave you messages which in my opinion isn't really "blocking" anyone. If you're a Verizon Customer than i'd do it the way i just explained above because then there's no getting through to your phone...period!
    05-03-09 06:22 PM
    Setting up Exceptions is sorta easy. You do it in PROFILES. I don't know how exactly to use it to block numbers only because by the sounds of the way they did it, whomever you're blocking is still getting through to your phone and can still leave you messages which in my opinion isn't really "blocking" anyone. If you're a Verizon Customer than i'd do it the way i just explained above because then there's no getting through to your phone...period!
    Oh... I'm not worried about blocking calls, actually. Ha ha ha! I was just wondering how the exceptions thing worked, since it was mentioned in the thread.

EDIT: Is it just choosing someone from your contact list and setting all of their sounds to mute? I know how to set custom sounds for contacts... I thought maybe there was an "Exception" setting in the menu under profile options that I was missing.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-03-09 at 06:27 PM.
    05-03-09 06:25 PM
    Oh... I'm not worried about blocking calls, actually. Ha ha ha! I was just wondering how the exceptions thing worked, since it was mentioned in the thread.

EDIT: Is it just choosing someone from your contact list and setting all of their sounds to mute? I know how to set custom sounds for contacts... I thought maybe there was an "Exception" setting in the menu under profile options that I was missing.
    Oh haha i see what you're saying and no, you're not missing anything extra i don't think. But if you're still curious about "Exceptions" and how you can use them to your advantage than there's lot's of info in this Section: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

Hope that helps
    05-03-09 06:41 PM
    Oh haha i see what you're saying and no, you're not missing anything extra i don't think. But if you're still curious about "Exceptions" and how you can use them to your advantage than there's lot's of info in this Section: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

Hope that helps
    Thank you! (I probably could have found that on my own. Ha ha ha!)
    05-03-09 06:45 PM
    +1. Good info here. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 07:41 PM
    Hi Guys, I have the same question as the OP. Specifically, I want to block one specific phone number from texting me. I went to options-security-firewall as monkeyboi suggested, but as far as I can tell it only lets me block people who aren't in my address book. I don't want to do that as sometimes I do get an initial business contact in the form of a text. Am I missing something? Is there any way around this? Can I make some kind of group and then put that one number in that group and then block that group? (I would need help figuring out how to do that if that is the answer.) Any help greatly appreciated! Oh, and my phone is an ancient Pearl flip if that helps. And YES it's still going strong, I love it, and the county coroner will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands before I give it up.
    10-18-12 03:08 PM
    I use Call Control for blocking calls, and SMSBlocker for texts, and they work great!
    10-18-12 05:59 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD