I know, I know... hundreds of threads on this, but I'm looking for some definite answers...

Just received my IS and I've read about the orange peel effect... that would bug me...

Is it really that bad? Or does it really depend on how well you install it?
    12-04-08 04:20 PM
    Well after reading through all the posts after I ordered my IS , I ordered a GA and I am sending the IS back for a refund.
    12-04-08 04:38 PM
    I believe the orange peel texture is a characteristic of the material/design of the shield, not something that is dependent on the quality of the installation. Even if you install it perfectly, the orange peel effect will be there just as much as it would be there if you completely effed up the installation. Whether it's "bad" is a matter of personal preference. Clearly lots of people use IS with no complaints about the texture. I personally prefer something without that kind of texture.
    12-04-08 04:39 PM
    You'll get used to it within the first 5 minutes. I don't even notice it anymore. I love my Invisible Shield!
    12-04-08 04:39 PM
    how easy is this to remove if you get it on and don't like it?
    12-04-08 04:42 PM
    how easy is this to remove if you get it on and don't like it?
    I believe you just grab a corner and pull.
    12-04-08 04:43 PM
    I order the Ghost Armor too - received the IS first...

Trying to decide if I should wait for the GA or just install the IS...

Hmmmmmmm
    12-04-08 04:56 PM
    Well I was not sure what to do and well so I ordered GA and IS for my Storm, Curve, 80GB iPod and Nano. So I could put one or the other on one of the devices and see which one looks better. Plus I heard that the install gets a lot easier the second time around and I did not want my storm to be my first shot.
    So we will see what I decide to do once I get to them.
    The pictures of the phantomsklinz though look really good that someone posted earlier on the site.
    12-04-08 05:44 PM
    Forgot to ask...

Invisible Shield users with Desktop Cradle Changers - Did your Storm fit into the cradle after install??
    12-04-08 06:49 PM
    yes mine fit fine a little snug but fine
    12-04-08 06:50 PM
    Ghost Armor for me. I have the desktop cradle and no worries yet.
    12-04-08 07:00 PM
    Received the IS in a nice pretty box...

Received the GA in a toilet paper roll...

LOL... no big deal, but thought I'd share.
    12-08-08 01:29 PM
    ^Now if you put them in a bright light and at an angle what do you see on both. Is the orange peel noticeable, as I've heard both tend to have it at times.
    12-08-08 01:33 PM
    I'll have to check that out tonight and let you know... I'll probably install which ever has less...
    12-08-08 01:35 PM
    Is the orange peal on the screen or on the rest of the device? i just ordered the zagg last night. hope it aint fugged up!
    12-08-08 02:29 PM
    I've used the IS and the Phantomskinz both. I ordered the screen cover from GA, but didn't install once I saw the Phantomskinz. I really like that one much better as it's thinner, has no orange peel affect at all, you get two complete sets with your order instead of one, for the same price, and the customer service was outstanding.
    12-08-08 02:32 PM
    got this from zagg today:

I will be perfectly honest with you, we have had some customer informing us that the touch sensitivity on the screen becomes faulty after applying our shield. However, when we were in the testing process of this situation, we found that sometimes the touch sensitivity would in fact be limited but restores to normal in a few days. We tell our customers to wait a few days for the touch sensitivity to return and so far it always has.

If you decide to purchase the shield and install it on your BlackBerry Storm, you may experience lack of touch sensitivity but it should go away. If it does not, you can take the shield off of your device and return it for a full refund and the touch sensitivity will restore to normal when the shield is removed. Please be aware that we are not responsible for damaged device.
    12-08-08 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD