Is anyone else having an issue where the Storm will vibrate in holster, but not make a sound? I have my default email ring tone set to Notifier_LightSpeed and the vibration set to in holster. It vibrates, but doesn't always make the tone. I got the standard Storm pouch made by blackberry, and the fact that it vibrates tells me the holster function is working since it doesn't vibrate out of the holster. The only thing I have found to ensure it makes the tone in the holster is either take off vibrate, or set it to custom and choose short for the vibe function. It seems anything longer than the short vibe makes it not play the tone. I even have it set to 2 shorts and it still makes the sound. Once I set it to medium I get a tone 1 in 10 emails.

I am having the same problem with SMS alerts, Yahoo alerts, BB Messenger alerts, and even GMail app alerts.

I've done a lot of forum searches, but I can only find info on how to make it NOT tone in the holster. If anyone has any thoughts, or perhaps if they have seen a thread discussing it maybe some keywords I could search for that would be great. Thanks.
    12-17-08 04:10 PM
    The profiles on the storm are buggy. I created a custom profile and manually set each alert/tone individually and everything is fine. Give it a shot.
    12-17-08 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD