I know when you hold it that the mini scrolling menu pops up, and everyone is saying that it shows all your current running apps/programs, but I have some questions ???

1 - If they are all your running apps how do you close them and when you do do they go away or stay in the mini menu ???

2 - So I open up the mini menu and apps and prgrams I hanvt even used show up in it, can anyone explain that ???

3 - I just don't get this mini menu ???
    04-08-09 09:18 AM
    there are several programs that will always be showing in that mini menu: phone, BB msgr, home screen, email and browser

other programs show when they are running, and yes, once you exit them, they will no longer show up when you press the BB button

does that help?
    04-08-09 09:23 AM
    The "mini-menu" you are referring to is much like what you see on a PC if you hit "alt+tab" to switch between running programs. It's also the same thing you will see if you hit the BB Key and go to "switch application."

There are some programs that will be on that list all the time. I think they are: Phone, Home, Browser, Messages, BB Messenger (If you have it installed)

Sometimes application center will be up there showing as running all the time but that only happens if you have app center set to auto-refresh. To close other apps that are running that have not been mentioned above as always running, you can either:
    a.) HOLD down the back/return button until the application closes
    b.) Hit the BB menu key and go to "close application"
    04-08-09 09:25 AM
    Well I just opened it now and the application center icon is up and I never go into the app center I use the app world and I have BBtranslator downloaded and I exit that and it still shoes up, other programs I use all the time never show up in the menu I dont get it.

But how about I start by asking how do you fully close a app/program do you press the end button to exit, the back button, or do you press the BB key and hit close, or is there another way I dont know about ???
    04-08-09 09:28 AM
    it depends on the program
    some you literally have to select close or exit from the BB menu...others close by using the back/escape key
    04-08-09 09:29 AM
    Alright Ive tried closing the programs like everyone is telling me but they never seen to go away from that scrolling menu.
    04-08-09 09:29 AM
    I think to fully close an app you press the BB key and select "close" or in some cases "exit".
    04-08-09 09:30 AM
    Yeah when I close the app or whatever it doesnt go away from the scrolling menu it just gets pushed to the end of the line ???
    04-08-09 09:34 AM
    Which app are you trying to close that isn't going away?

If you read my response, you'd see that I explain why app center shows up. Just go into App center and click the BB menu key then turn off "Auto Refresh". Exit it by one of the two methods I listed in my response above and it should go away.
    04-08-09 09:38 AM
    Did what you said and the app center is still in the same place and the other one that doesnt seem to go away is BBtranslator.
    04-08-09 09:44 AM
    After you turned off auto refresh, did you click the bb menu key again and choose "Close" ? That one might require a reset of the device before it goes away but I doubt it.

As far as BB Translator, pull up the application switcher by holding down the bb menu key, switch to BBTrans and then close it by either holding down the return key or press the bb menu key and choose "close" or "exit".
    04-08-09 09:47 AM
    Also keep in mind some 3rd party apps are designed to always run.

SmartGuard ,for example, when instlled will always appear in the app switcher menu.
    04-08-09 10:01 AM
    Holding the bb key doesn't specifically mean that they are running, its merely a shortcut to different applications. Eg. If you are in an app you can switch to a different app by holding the bb key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 10:14 AM
    I know when you hold it that the mini scrolling menu pops up, and everyone is saying that it shows all your current running apps/programs, but I have some questions ???

1 - If they are all your running apps how do you close them and when you do do they go away or stay in the mini menu ???

2 - So I open up the mini menu and apps and prgrams I hanvt even used show up in it, can anyone explain that ???

3 - I just don't get this mini menu ???
    hmmm...guess i'm an *****. I did not know this. Learn something new here every day.
    04-08-09 10:26 AM
    I made my left smart key the application switcher

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD