...they are moderated in China?

Seriously... that site p****s me off bad. If they don't want our traffic on there, I say we do what they want and leave if they can't handle conversation.

But to be on topic in case they try to take this thread over... I heard the Storm will have wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?
    10-28-08 04:54 PM
    Storm does not have WiFi.
    10-28-08 04:56 PM
    if you don't like hofo, then why go there? i don't like that site so i stay on CB!

as for the storm, i heard it wouldn't have wifi...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 04:58 PM
    My only .02 is the rules on there were stated to post on topic. I am assuming someone didn't.... And it got outta hand...

ROCK ON CRACKBERRY.COM!!!!!!

And no it will not have WIFI. People have to read release facts...
    10-28-08 05:04 PM
    the wifi thing was a joke... i know this

i just needed to vent because i hate being treated like a 5 year old who has no rights by some guy who sits in front of a computer screen making sure he approves of what people say in a forum (run on sentence)
    10-28-08 05:05 PM
    run on sentences are not allowed on Crackberry! not approved!

hehehee
    jk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:08 PM

i just needed to vent because i hate being treated like a 5 year old who has no rights by some guy who sits in front of a computer screen making sure he approves of what people say in a forum (run on sentence)
    I understand you need to vent, but I don't agree with bringing the drama with you, just something to think about.
    10-28-08 05:09 PM
    It is moderated heavily to avoid ridiculous and idiotic threads like the one currently in this forum titled...email saying it's official!! That kind of crap PISSES me off!!!!!!!
    HOFO does take it too far sometimes though.
    10-28-08 05:25 PM
    The wifi talk is ridiculous really. It doesn't have it, so why talk about it? Also the thread isn't shut down. Theres a new one, and it says off topic stuff will equal one day ban. Personally I think 3 pages of off topic posts is crazy and I'd shut it down too.
    10-28-08 05:33 PM

And what "rights" might these be? Free speech rights don't protect you when you're on privately-moderated forums.
    10-28-08 05:39 PM
    ...they are moderated in China?

Seriously... that site p****s me off bad. If they don't want our traffic on there, I say we do what they want and leave if they can't handle conversation.

But to be on topic in case they try to take this thread over... I heard the Storm will have wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?
    I opened the 2nd and 3rd Hofo Threads, the 1st two were closed because of people constantly asking about price plans, and other garbage that has nothing to do with the Storm itself. This is why the threads are sooooo long. When people wanted to get good accurate info, they had to sift through countless pages of garbage to get to it. So for the part 2 and 3 threads, I included all relevant info on the very first page to make it easier for newcomers to get info. Hopefully, we won't have another "will it have wifi"? Will I be able to use NE2? How much are price plans? Who do you think will win the election? I like MCain! I like Obama! If you don't understand that, you are probably part of the problem.
    10-28-08 05:43 PM
    Yeah sometimes it can get crazy. But some people are new to this stuff and they are welcomed by someone yelling at them to search. Maybe they just want to be apart of the online community.

I understand it can be redundant and repetitive, but it isn't that hard to skip over a post. And it actually ads to it when 20 people yell at the person.

All I am saying is 10% to 15% of people are die hards who read all the comments and follow along the entire way. New people are going to come and go, and sometimes they are going to repeat a question or 50. But that is no reason for people to get mad or treat the person like they are an *****.

The job of the moderator should be to monitor what is posted in the forums... not to prevent what is posted in the forums.

That is all I have to say about this topic... and I only brought it up in here because I know all the loyal Storm HoFo'ers come here... its kind of our secret hideaway... haha.

I don't mind if this thread is locked or deleted... I just wanted some others opinions on it, and I knew it could never be talked about on HoFo.
    10-28-08 05:56 PM
    I opened the 2nd and 3rd Hofo Threads,.
    Oh durr... BrianKeith513 = BKW13
    JKay = JWook

Ahh everything makes sense now.

Hofo's Mods are hilarious though
    10-28-08 05:56 PM
    Yeah sometimes it can get crazy. But some people are new to this stuff and they are welcomed by someone yelling at them to search. Maybe they just want to be apart of the online community.

I understand it can be redundant and repetitive, but it isn't that hard to skip over a post. And it actually ads to it when 20 people yell at the person.

All I am saying is 10% to 15% of people are die hards who read all the comments and follow along the entire way. New people are going to come and go, and sometimes they are going to repeat a question or 50. But that is no reason for people to get mad or treat the person like they are an *****.

The job of the moderator should be to monitor what is posted in the forums... not to prevent what is posted in the forums.

That is all I have to say about this topic... and I only brought it up in here because I know all the loyal Storm HoFo'ers come here... its kind of our secret hideaway... haha.

I don't mind if this thread is locked or deleted... I just wanted some others opinions on it, and I knew it could never be talked about on HoFo.
    is the Storm sub thread really the place to talk about your beef with HoFo? come on now, you're beginning to be as bad as the posters over there

debating the issue is fine, but they give us different sub forums for a reason, and that's to keep the site organized. organization, and having mods stick to that organization isnt trying to keep you quiet, but to keep the organization going.
    10-28-08 08:05 PM
    Oh durr... BrianKeith513 = BKW13
    JKay = JWook

Ahh everything makes sense now.

Hofo's Mods are hilarious though
    matrix2004=matrix2004

LOL. I feel like the odd man out.
    10-28-08 08:05 PM
    matrix2004=matrix2004

LOL. I feel like the odd man out.
    reuvypoo=reuvypoo
    We don't have to have different names for each site.
    10-28-08 09:00 PM
    Um again what is another site forum's issues and problems being discussed here. This site has nothing to do with them nor their actions.....

Their is now reason to bring Drama and problems to this forum....... I wouldn't call this a carry over forum, and I thin others would agree with me.... Enough with the whinning, you don't like how things are then move on, but don't bring crap problems here. And really more and more BS threads that really have no meaning or relevance have been posted here recently, it's getting real freaking old, I don't like hitting new posts and seeing a whole page of new thread of BS Storm info, arguements and stuff that has already been adressed. Some thread statements could have been posted in current running threads.....

I suggested to remove the drama and move on.... But with that we see and act differently.
    Last edited by yester18; 10-28-08 at 09:09 PM.
    10-28-08 09:07 PM
    It is not the practice of CrackBerry to encourage threads that have no purpose other than to complain about another forum. This doesn't appear to be a Storm thread, since the only Storm issue (wifi) was posted in jest as part of the complaint about the other forum, where I am not a member, much less a mod.

Thread closed.
    10-28-08 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD