I've been sending mp3s to the phone of roughly V2 preset, however 190kbps is far too high for the phone correct?
    When I move my mouse over the mp3 files directly on the phone it labels them as 64 kbps. Does this mean that that's the highest bitrate the phone can support?
    Should I convert all my mp3s to 64 kbps to conserve space?

thank you
    01-02-09 11:41 AM
    As far as I know the Storm supports any MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA and WMA ProPlus files. Where did you say you saw that the files where 64 kbps?

If you placed them on the phone as 190 kbps, they still be 190 kbps. Maybe there's a setting in the manager to compress audio files when importing (I'm on a mac so don't know that), which explains the bad quality.

Now your other question: 64 kbps is bad, as is anything below 128 kbps. It depends on you and your headphones how much higher than 128 kbps you want to go. I suggest to use 198 kbps VBR, most people will find that perfect.

If you want to do a quick test, look here: www.mp3ornot.com
    01-02-09 11:56 AM
    I assume you mean lame vbr level 2 setting? Yes, they work fine. I've played lame V 0, 1, and 2 vbr files just fine on the Storm.

Sometimes windows and/or other OS's don't display the true bitrate properly of vbr files; they assume it's cbr and display incorrectly.
    01-02-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD