Ok so i'm admittedly totally dense when it comes to understanding programming etc., but I have a dream. A dream to be able to "swipe away" the icons on the main screen (whatever that screen is called...the one with wallpaper). I see this being done the same way the keyboard is brought up and put away in portrait mode. I have a great pic as my wallpaper, and those damn yet incredibly useful icon rows are marring my wallpaper. Oh to be able to hide them. So a question for those in the know...would this ever be possible? Would it require an OS modification, or is this something a gifted app developer could create?
    Last edited by SpicytacoTO; 01-07-09 at 09:02 PM.
    01-07-09 08:58 PM
    From wallpaper page. Menu...menu...options.

Youl have an option to choose how many rows of icon are on the wallpaper page. Drop it down to 1 row. Makes a huge difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 09:09 PM
    Thanks Graymulligan. I tried living with one row for a while and found I really need 2 rows. I will agree that one row makes a big difference, though instinctively I feel like I want to swipe away the icons on the main screen as I would the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerr.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SpicytacoTO; 01-07-09 at 09:16 PM.
    01-07-09 09:14 PM
    I was thinking this EXACT same thing today.... Oh, how it would be great.... but I am not holding my breath for it anytime soon.
    01-07-09 09:16 PM
    Thanks Graymulligan. I tried living with one row for a while and found I really need 2 rows. I will agree that one row makes a big difference, though instinctively I feel like I want to swipe away the icons on the main screen as I would the keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerr.crackberry.com
    Even with the 1 row setup all you have to do is click the screen in portrait mode and it brings up all your icons. What could you need to launch that you can't wait half a second to get a full menu?
    01-07-09 09:39 PM
    Many things, actually. I prefer to have instant access to inbox, bb messenger, browser, calculator, weatherbug icon, crackberry etc. I like having instant access to each of those things. At any rate even with one row i'd still like the option of swiping it to hide.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 10:28 PM
    you can lock your storm every time you dont use it, then all the icons on the home screen will disappear, revealing only your wallpaper...
    01-07-09 10:53 PM
    Yes, having just the wallpaper would be nice. Why can't RIM do something with the "Menu" key. Have a blank screen with just the wallpaper then whenever you hit the BB key, it will bring up the screen with all the icons??? I am sure this is possible. Wishful thinking on my behalf.
    01-08-09 02:06 AM
    There are work-arounds, sure...but it would be a nice, small feature if you could hide the homescreen icons.

Not a major issue in the least and certainly not something that affects performance or enjoyment of the device like many other issues that need to be tweaked...but since they'll be working on the OS anyhow... ;-)

It's a wish list item for me.
    01-08-09 07:41 AM
    Wait til Plazmic 4.7 releases, and someone will build a theme with no icons. Not hard.
    01-08-09 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD