I have a 1 message and i have no idea where it is. i checked my SMS and MMS, my email, my instant messages, and my "messages" oh and my voice mail, there's nothing that hasn't been opened or a new message in any of those. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
    12-05-08 01:08 PM
    Its a glitch, do a battery pull.
    12-05-08 01:10 PM
    try clicking on any missed calls as well.
    12-05-08 01:11 PM
    Have this same problem...hopefully the update will fix this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 01:13 PM
    i did a manual shut down! you think i should do a hard reset? is your wagon an Sti swap? i have a hill climb evo....sorry that was OT haha
    12-05-08 01:14 PM
    Did you check your Blackberry Messenger?

Protip: if you are in a message list and bring up the full keyboard, you can hit 'U' to go to the next unread message.
    12-05-08 01:15 PM
    Like stated above, check your call log for any missed calls. I believe by default the missed calls are tracked in your Messages folder (which you can change in the Call Log options).
    12-05-08 01:18 PM
    yeah i checked all missed calls....theres no new message in my blackberry messanger. Yeah i switched my call log option. i did a hard reset and its still there. This is driving me nuts...
    12-05-08 01:22 PM
    Call VZW CS.I have it too and they are working on it. I have a ticket open with them on this.
    12-05-08 01:34 PM
    VZ said to wait for the update otherwise they would have to do a master reset which is the only way it can be fixed :-(
    12-05-08 03:55 PM
    This may be too obvious (so I apologize in advance)... but did you try searching you in box for "unread" messages only? I do this a couple time a month and usually find old messages or calls marked unread.
    12-05-08 04:17 PM
    I noticed this before and it was a missed call I recieved in the middle of the night. Check back through your cal log.
    12-05-08 04:30 PM
    Hidden Message as the red indicator led is flashing?

Do you by chance have the weatherbug application installed on your device? I was in the same situation this morning. It turned out that a weather advisory had been issued for my location, thus prompting a weatherbug 'alert.' Once I opened weatherbug and clicked on the alert message, all was fine.
    12-05-08 04:35 PM
    no light indicator and i have checked all texts and missed call logs
    12-05-08 04:39 PM
    i had this problem. it was because I received a txt before correcting the clock setting. look through ALL of your msgs for a new txt, mine was at the bottom
    12-05-08 04:42 PM
    I was about to post how frustrated I was with my blinking LED light and how I have tried everything listed above. Then I did a search for unopened messages and it turned out to be a vvm (Visual voicemail) message that I had played previously but it was still marked as unread. I had to archive or delete it for the blinking LED to go away

12-06-08 01:01 PM
    Nevermind the dreaded blinking light is back. I have nothing unread. I might uninstall weatherbug. The alerts are so annoying.

12-06-08 04:49 PM
    I have a 1 message and i have no idea where it is. i checked my SMS and MMS, my email, my instant messages, and my "messages" oh and my voice mail, there's nothing that hasn't been opened or a new message in any of those. Any ideas? Thanks guys!
    I am in the same boat. I've looked everwhere! I'm running official .75 I have deleted every message on my phone, SMS, MMS, BB, VM, calls, emails, everything, there are literally no messages on my phone of any kind. Yet I have the mail icon indicating one unread message, no blinking red LED, just the icon indicator.
    I don't have any 3rd party software. I'm thinking of trying Bell .76 anyway, but I'd sure like to get this figured out.
    12-06-08 08:10 PM
    Like stated above, check your call log for any missed calls. I believe by default the missed calls are tracked in your Messages folder (which you can change in the Call Log options).
    I didn't know that. Thanx. I've been looking to stop missed calls from appearing as messages.
    12-06-08 09:07 PM
    Man, I had looked everywhere for this elusive unread message that it said I had. I checked everything, or so I thought, Email, Messages, SMS MMS, VM, VVM, Call Log, etc. Then I ran across a folder in "Applications" called "Saved Messages" and lo and behold, there was an unread message. Damn! I don't remember saving a message, but I must have. I can now see that it's easy to accidentally "Save" a message when you go into the Menu screen in your messages view, it's right below Mark as Unopened, or Mark as Opened, didn't even realize I did it. Hope anyone that's having this problem can find this helpful.
    12-06-08 11:30 PM
    Hi , the problem is your call log settings. I had this problem and found out the cure! press green button, then bb button, then options, call logging, then press none. Loving my Storm!!!
    12-07-08 03:15 PM
    This was driving me nuts, too. Finally cracked it - try OPENING the missed call notification!

Hope this works for you.

hutchybug
    12-11-08 09:47 AM
    Man, I had looked everywhere for this elusive unread message that it said I had. I checked everything, or so I thought, Email, Messages, SMS MMS, VM, VVM, Call Log, etc. Then I ran across a folder in "Applications" called "Saved Messages" and lo and behold, there was an unread message. Damn! I don't remember saving a message, but I must have. I can now see that it's easy to accidentally "Save" a message when you go into the Menu screen in your messages view, it's right below Mark as Unopened, or Mark as Opened, didn't even realize I did it. Hope anyone that's having this problem can find this helpful.

This is what happened to me as well! If this doesnt work for people call Verizon and they will perform a master reset. I suggested backing up your numbers....
    12-11-08 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD