I keep trying to press down on the keys when I am typing on. I have to say that typing on the Storm far exceeds typing on the iPod / iPhone. Trying to type on the iTouch after a couple of days on the Storm - you can really tell the difference.

** Mark this down - within 8-12 months, the iPhone will have the same type of functionality.

Besides the couple of bugs, which is expected from a gadget as cool of this that you get on the first day . . .

The STORM ROCKS!!!!

I guess I can be happy that I am not experiencing the problems other seem to have:

- no need for paper to help me click
    - all the apps that I need seem to work so far
    - A couple of resets, but again, so far so good
    - Phone quality is awesome
    - Display Rocks
    11-26-08 03:30 AM
    lol.... yupp i played with my brother touch after this and it just isnt the same lol and yes the next iphone was said to have this technology .. infact apple bought this technology from rim for their new macs
    11-26-08 03:33 AM
    yes yes yes I know people come and joke about apple a ton and can be very biased against apple. However Apple also is very innovative. The creation of the iPhone made many innovations as to how a touch screen phone should run even after many years of other people creating touch screen devices. I am not saying they fully created the concept just that they made a standard start point for the next generation.

in return rim see's it and makes a innovation themselves to majorly and possibly improve all future touch screen.

People always believe that other company's just aren't as good as the one they USE.

However more HIGH competition presses for more innovation which gets the consumers (us) great things.

Apple or not hate them or love them they have created some pretty damn good things to push the market along. The same can be said for RIM
    11-26-08 03:38 AM
    Haha I haven't had any problems with that, but I have wanted to "turn" my electronics into landscape mode. :P
    11-26-08 03:40 AM
    Apple didn't set a standard, Apple has a marketing machine which is good and slick, making everyone believe they HAVE set the standard.
    When they release something, everyone wants it! So, other manufacturers try to take some of the features and release a device which comes close.

Look at the iPod. Now a days people think Apple invented the MP3 player. I've used MP3 players for years, way way way before Apple launched the iPod. It's sad actually... but they make tonnes of money with it, so why stop?
    Just pretend you have invented something very new and innovative, which has been produced by other manufacturers for years, make it white and put a half eaten fruit on it and make cash!
    11-26-08 04:35 AM
    LOL you all make me laugh.
    11-26-08 04:40 AM
    Ya I actually have 2 phones. One for business and one for personal use. The one I use for personal use is the dreaded Voyager. I will tell you after the few days I have had with my Storm typing on the screen of the voyager sucks. I am missing letters and menu keys all the time now. It is so much nicer typing on the Storm. I will say accuracy is not 100% yet but getting there I have seen a noticeable improvement on a daily basis with the storm.
    11-26-08 04:46 AM
    I have to say that i like the touch screen on the iphone way more. I was able to type a lot faster on the iphone.
    11-26-08 05:34 AM
    ** Mark this down - within 8-12 months, the iPhone will have the same type of functionality.
    If you are suggesting that bb software will ever get a wiff of iphone software, keep dreaming.
    11-26-08 06:17 AM
    If you are suggesting that bb software will ever get a wiff of iphone software, keep dreaming.
    He's actually suggesting the exact opposite... that iphone hardware "will get a wiff" of bb hardware.
    11-26-08 08:11 AM
    lol.... yupp i played with my brother touch after this and it just isnt the same lol and yes the next iphone was said to have this technology .. infact apple bought this technology from rim for their new macs
    Please show us where Apple bought anything from RIM, they even brought the new MacBooks to market before the storm. How do you know anything about what the next iPhone will have, you must be workingbat Apple headquarters.
    11-26-08 08:52 AM
    Apple didn't set a standard, Apple has a marketing machine which is good and slick, making everyone believe they HAVE set the standard.
    When they release something, everyone wants it! So, other manufacturers try to take some of the features and release a device which comes close.

Look at the iPod. Now a days people think Apple invented the MP3 player. I've used MP3 players for years, way way way before Apple launched the iPod. It's sad actually... but they make tonnes of money with it, so why stop?
    Just pretend you have invented something very new and innovative, which has been produced by other manufacturers for years, make it white and put a half eaten fruit on it and make cash!
    Apple is a marketing machine, then what is RIM, a one trick pony, some people just hate without any reason and please tell RIM to learn to properly develop a touchscreen OS from the ground up.
    Last edited by Adjei; 11-26-08 at 08:58 AM.
    11-26-08 08:56 AM
    Apple is a marketing machine, then what is RIM, a one trick pony, some people just hate without any reason and please tell RIM to learn to properly develop a touchscreen OS from the ground up.
    I have a Mac and an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, I havent gotten my storm yet, but Ive been using Blackberry devices for quite a while, and I have to agree with Benji-nl, Apple isnt that innovative, they took a technology thats existed for a long time and improved upon it, and they have a huge marketing base, people bought the iPhone simply because of the Apple name, and Im also not impressed with the interface on the iPod touch, I mean it is good, dont get me wrong, but it doesnt seem to be anything innovational, I have a feeling with the arrival of more touchscreen devices from Blackberry and new Android devices that Apple will lose at least some its market share, thats my 2 cents
    11-26-08 09:02 AM
    I have a Mac and an iPod Touch 2nd Generation, I havent gotten my storm yet, but Ive been using Blackberry devices for quite a while, and I have to agree with Benji-nl, Apple isnt that innovative, they took a technology thats existed for a long time and improved upon it, and they have a huge marketing base, people bought the iPhone simply because of the Apple name, and Im also not impressed with the interface on the iPod touch, I mean it is good, dont get me wrong, but it doesnt seem to be anything innovational, I have a feeling with the arrival of more touchscreen devices from Blackberry and new Android devices that Apple will lose at least some its market share, thats my 2 cents
    Innovation is not just about being the first to come up with something, what's the use of developing something if nobody is buying. Sure there were other mp3 players before iPod, but Apple came and brand it to regular folks and made it popular. Sure there were other music stores before iTunes, but Apple came and brought it to the masses and now they are the biggest music retailer at least in the States. Sure there were other touchscreen phones before the iPhone but Apple came and made touchscreen popular and now everyone is making them even inxluding your beloved RIM. Of you don't see innovation that then I don't know what to say. As they say once you become successful the hate comes.
    11-26-08 09:25 AM
    I don't know if you can call it innovated, when they fail to install such standard features as mms, and video recording. And to think, people complain that the Storm doesn't have Wifi.
    11-26-08 09:34 AM
    I don't know if you can call it innovated, when they fail to install such standard features as mms, and video recording. And to think, people complain that the Storm doesn't have Wifi.
    So if they added all those features will it all of a sudden make it innovative, maybe you need those features but apprarently all those who keep buying it don't seem to care.
    11-26-08 09:47 AM
    apprarently all those who keep buying it don't seem to care.
    That's EXACTLY it, Apple's marketing has done such a good job, that people are willing to swallow whatever tripe they feed them.
    11-26-08 09:54 AM
    That's EXACTLY it, Apple's marketing has done such a good job, that people are willing to swallow whatever tripe they feed them.
    Or maybe not everyone needs those features, just like I assume those who bought the storm don't need Wifi.
    11-26-08 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD