I havent received any email on my 9530 since about wednesday this past week. today is saturday and still nothing. Is there anyone out there having this same problem? and yes...i did a batt pull.twice. and no positive results. I talked to a buddy of mine that works at big red about the problem and he says its a problem wihin RIM.He's not sure if they've reached a solution yet. I have a BB because of email...on top of it being better than any other smartphone out there. Im just gettin impatient with this fix...im looking for some feedback about this prob or:confused possibly a solution
    09-12-09 10:29 AM
    Resend service books yet?
    09-12-09 10:33 AM
    im a bb newbie too. how do i go about doing that? thanks for your help
    09-12-09 10:34 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ne...-w-pix-139349/

post number 2 really, doing the steps in the first post doesnt hurt either
    09-12-09 10:53 AM
    ok im gonna give it a shot right now.thank you again
    09-12-09 10:58 AM
    ok that worked.the emails are piliing in now. i have a new email indicator icon but cant find that specific message.do you know where it might be hiding?
    09-12-09 11:09 AM
    Check your MESSAGES folder. It is probably in there.
    09-12-09 11:15 AM
    check the 'messages' folder and not just the individual email folders

Edit: oops for got to hit the "post" button
    09-12-09 11:24 AM
    i checked the messages folder and cant find it...wtf?
    09-12-09 11:46 AM
    bb>search>

Folders: all folders
    service: all
    Show: unopened only
    09-12-09 11:53 AM
    3 things-

1)if your friend who works for VZW told you what the issue is, then he's probably right- at least at the carrier level. RIM has been going thru some scheduled maintenance over the last week, so there are bound to be occasional issues. The maintenance has been happening late night, though, so your day-to-day operations shouldn't be too affected.

2) what howarmat offered is exactly what you should do BEFORE freaking out and calling everybody (or posting online) about the problem. I saw that you're a newbie, and that's ok, but definitely a battery pull, resending service books, and even re-registering your host routing table (options> adv opt> host routing> menu> register now) is in order before any calls made or threads created.

3) pass the word that all hotmail/msn accounts will need to be revalidated every 90 days. this means going into email settings on the phone, editing the msn/hotmail account, and re-entering your password and saving it.

oh yeah... welcome to BB's and CB. They're both a lot of fun if you don't take them too seriously or over-think how they are used. Search is your friend, too, and I suggest using it before posting new threads to avoid the ubiquitous "why don't you search, this topic has been covered xxxx times" responses.

good luck!
    09-12-09 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD