So my gf spilled her margarita on my phone....there is clearly liquid under the screen and its super sticky....I dont have insurance for this phone but the water sticker in the back was not affected. My question to you guys is what excuse can I call verizon with to get a replacement phone out of them.
    Last edited by pkcable; 04-27-09 at 05:13 PM. Reason: title change!
    04-13-09 09:22 AM
    Not sure if there is an "excuse" you can use. When you send it back they are going to find the water damage and probably charge you for the phone.

The other thing is why ... WHY would you purchase a phone of this price and NOT have insurance on it?!?!?!?
    04-13-09 09:39 AM
    Without insurance, I don't think there is anything you can say that will help. You could take it apart (from a youtube search on 9530 disassembly... ) and clean it thoroughly with isoprophyl alcohol, let it dry for a few days and see if it works.

Grey
    04-13-09 09:46 AM
    My only advice is try to clean it, because I don't think they will take it back damaged with no insurance.
    04-13-09 09:56 AM
    Add insurance then file a claim in couple days. Not the most honest way but sometime you gotta do what ya gotta do

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-09 09:58 AM
    The Hurt is right. The last time I did it was 3 years ago and I got a new phone - a side kick I believe. You can do it but once in a life time i guess lol
    04-13-09 10:02 AM
    i thought u can only add insurance within 15 days of getting your phone....am i wrong?
    04-13-09 10:07 AM
    Insurance can be added at any time. They just require that the phone have an incoming and outgoing call before they will honor it. I would wait a month if its tolerable
    04-13-09 10:46 AM
    So my gf spilled her margarita on my phone....there is clearly liquid under the screen and its super sticky....I dont have insurance for this phone but the water sticker in the back was not affected. My question to you guys is what excuse can I call verizon with to get a replacement phone out of them.
    add insurance to the phone and say a dog pissed on it. that always seems to work for me with verizon when i get water damage on my phone. say you have a pitbull or something that is very territorial and it just happened to mark it on your phone while it was charging in a cradle or something
    04-13-09 10:48 AM
    Just pull out the..."my phone was stolen routine" and get a new one...I mean since you are already going to try to rook them out of a new phone anyway.
    04-13-09 03:04 PM
    Try rubbing alcohol and an air compressor… If you don’t want to attempt to take it apart, just drip the alcohol into the screen and then blow it out with the air… I did this last week with coffee… Working pretty good
    04-13-09 03:08 PM
    First, hopefully you have the battery out. Since you don't have insurance why don't you search for the thread for fixing the under screen dust issue where the guy actually pried off his screen with his fingers. Maybe you can get under there and dry it out. Dont put the battery back until fully dried out.
    04-13-09 03:20 PM
    Maybe u shouldnt let your girl have drinks! maybe u should stop worrying about ur silly phone and be happy u have a smart beautiful girlfriend! Thats ur solution. And buy her a pretty dress since she shops 4 u and feeds you all the time.. stop being a negitive nancy a phone is a phone. But a hot girl friend will last forever
    04-13-09 04:46 PM
    Just pull out the..."my phone was stolen routine" and get a new one...I mean since you are already going to try to rook them out of a new phone anyway.
    i was waiting for this one to come out. people why would you file a fradulent claim and send them the goods. IMO thats like robbing 7-11 and then walking back in the next night and buying a slushy from the same cashier and saying you remember that time i robbed you at gunpoint man did i get you.
    04-13-09 04:51 PM
    Maybe u shouldnt let your girl have drinks! maybe u should stop worrying about ur silly phone and be happy u have a smart beautiful girlfriend! Thats ur solution. And buy her a pretty dress since she shops 4 u and feeds you all the time.. stop being a negitive nancy a phone is a phone. But a hot girl friend will last forever
    im sure my fellow crackberry addicts agree that their phone is much more important than their significant other
    04-13-09 04:51 PM
    somebody is bitter about this.
    04-13-09 04:53 PM
    dog pee always works im telling you
    04-13-09 05:26 PM
    If you post pics of your girlfriend drinking a margerita, you're likely to get some GREAT advice
    04-13-09 05:34 PM
    i was waiting for this one to come out. people why would you file a fradulent claim and send them the goods. IMO thats like robbing 7-11 and then walking back in the next night and buying a slushy from the same cashier and saying you remember that time i robbed you at gunpoint man did i get you.
    First off....if/when you claim your phone as stolen...YOU DON'T GET TO SEND IT BACK you dingus!!

Secondly.....if anyone is dumb enough to send them the phone that was "stolen" then you deserve to punched directly in the face.
    04-13-09 05:42 PM
    First off....if/when you claim your phone as stolen...YOU DON'T GET TO SEND IT BACK you dingus!!
    I was drunk one night sending a bogus text/number to people (number was funny), and I sent a text to someone "my phone got stolen, this is my new number." After I sent it I realized they would probably figure out that was a lie.
    04-13-09 05:46 PM

Huh??? Seriously???

My take is that it is time for the comsumer to find the loopholes, rather than the companies bending us over all the time.
    04-13-09 05:54 PM
    once you add insurance there is a waiting period before filing a claim...

ask if they can do an "in-house claim", they'll go back and retro-charge you for as long as you've had the phone, add insurance, and then ship you a replacement. try that
    04-13-09 06:39 PM
    im hearing many different things about insurance for the phone....ive had this phone since november....can i still get insurance on it?....if so, is there a time limit on it?
    04-14-09 10:19 AM
    you can add insurance through asurion at any time, but they will make you wait to file a claim. call asurion directly. usually VZW will only add it on w/in 15 days of purchase, and anything else requires asurion's action on the matter
    04-14-09 12:18 PM
    stop being a negitive nancy a phone is a phone. But a hot girl friend will last forever
    yea until she gets pregnant
    04-27-09 05:09 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD