i had a storm replacement for three months before i sent it back. they never billed me and probably never would of but didn't want to take the chance. i have thirteen phones with verizon and didn't want to chance my service over me being greedy but i have a friend who is a manager at a verizon store and he said if i didn't here from verizon in the first month they forgot about it. tuff decision. good luck
    04-30-09 11:23 PM
    Keep whichever one you want, but make sure you are prepared to pay for the phone you kept. If a company forgets to charge you for something, its not your problem. If they suddenly remember, then it is your problem.
    they'll eventually get you....you could get lucky...someone in billing and receivables messed up exporting files or got fed up with their job and said let's screw around a bit... but they're a large company...different billing people in and out...they'll eventually get it right... same thing happened to me when I had the t-mo sidekick when the 1st color joint came out in '03 (I know...terrible)...they replaced it a bunch of times...i have a terrible memory and a busy *** schedule..forgot to send them back..... when I was terminating my contract with them...the charge was there....

and to edit..i was charged the FULL retail non-upgrade price of the units.... but they were nice enough to knock them out when I told them tha tI had the units boxed up and would run to the p.o. to ship them back...I didn't pay the bill for 2 months and followed up to make sure the charges were taken off...
    like really... don't do it... you're just asking for a fat phone bill in a few weeks.......

on the flip side...if you decide to not return them and do the shady thing... then good luck with that.... your bank account might be taking a hit after you decide that you HAVE to pay your bill to keep your phones on.
    Last edited by DJYoshi; 05-01-09 at 01:38 AM.
    05-01-09 01:34 AM
    Thanks all for the input that was helpful!!! and to the rest of you? I love HATERS! You my biggest inspiration in life. PEACE
    05-01-09 05:51 PM
    their warehouse might be slow, but they very rarely "miss" stuff like this. they might not get you at first but the charge will show up like 3 or 4 bills later, and idk if they'll accept the device that far out. as far as the ESN, if the one they sent you was worse off than the original, keep which ever one you want, send back the other. thats what i did when i got FRUs. ask for a replacement to be FEDEX'd to you and keep the better of the two, if you still have problems, repeat as necessary.
    05-01-09 06:52 PM
    Verizon will catch you, there warehouses are awful with inventory. I had great credit so with my 3 swaps they just kept putting it on my account with a do not pay notice that way they didn't mark my account as outstanding. In december I started the swap game and finally ended in January, they did not clear my account until march and all phones were returned in january. Once they are caught up they will see there mistake and you'll get hit and theres no arguement that will save you
    05-01-09 07:40 PM
    OK well I appreciate all the help...BUT!!!! To those of you who act as if im committing a crime because I forgot to send the damn phone back thats just crazy! I just figure after so long and not being charged they cant charge me now. So to prove all of you judgmental people wrong I called vzw to ask them if I would be charged for the phone and they looked over the order and say that when they shipped it the receipt said 499.99 charge and 499.99 credit leaving ZERO balance so I would not be charged its mine to keep! SO before you guys go over the deep end and say all this integrity crap like I took money out a starving childs mouth. Who will eat the cost? the steady growing vzw company that is making profit off our high *** data plans(200 a month I pay!!!) and high priced last generation phones(Korea and china phones way ahead of us). SO who is really stealing ones money to provide cellular service? I think we as the consumer are being robbed. Also to the grammer folks sorry I just dont give a **** its a forum not a Lit Paper! Thanks to all who supplied me with genuine non smartass comments! I will switch them and if they charge I will send it back
    Now, your true colors come out and you prove yourself to be a scum bag.
    Last edited by RBernier; 05-01-09 at 07:51 PM.
    05-01-09 07:47 PM
    Now, your true colors come out and you prove yourself yo be a scum bag.
    i'm glad you said it or i would have had to. leaf turning FTW!
    05-01-09 07:49 PM
    OK well I appreciate all the help...BUT!!!! To those of you who act as if im committing a crime because I forgot to send the damn phone back thats just crazy! I just figure after so long and not being charged they cant charge me now. So to prove all of you judgmental people wrong I called vzw to ask them if I would be charged for the phone and they looked over the order and say that when they shipped it the receipt said 499.99 charge and 499.99 credit leaving ZERO balance so I would not be charged its mine to keep! SO before you guys go over the deep end and say all this integrity crap like I took money out a starving childs mouth. Who will eat the cost? the steady growing vzw company that is making profit off our high *** data plans(200 a month I pay!!!) and high priced last generation phones(Korea and china phones way ahead of us). SO who is really stealing ones money to provide cellular service? I think we as the consumer are being robbed. Also to the grammer folks sorry I just dont give a **** its a forum not a Lit Paper! Thanks to all who supplied me with genuine non smartass comments! I will switch them and if they charge I will send it back
    sucks to be you, you know that 0 dollar balance, that is a credit that is held against your account. what that does is hold at 0 because they assume you are returning your old phone which would cancel out the bill hence the 0. You keeping the phone will null that 0 and raise the bill back to 500. The rep on the phone only knows what is on the screen, that bill will come from corporate once they see they have not received one of the esn numbers that is listed on your account back.
    05-01-09 08:22 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD