Storm 9530
    OS 4.7.148

So i recorded an adorable sound byte of my 4 year old singing. Under the voice recording menu, there was an option to rename the recording. I renamed the voice recording to something readable(other than the standard generated naming convention) and poof.. the recording is gone.

Any ideas? I am hoping that maybe the new filename doesnt have the right extension and so the device isnt showing it as a recording.. is there any way to truely browse this phone?

Pls advise. (I have tried hooking it up to windows, but the voice recording folder doesnt show up)
    06-01-09 12:57 PM
    Storm 9530
    OS 4.7.148

So i recorded an adorable sound byte of my 4 year old singing. Under the voice recording menu, there was an option to rename the recording. I renamed the voice recording to something readable(other than the standard generated naming convention) and poof.. the recording is gone.

Any ideas? I am hoping that maybe the new filename doesnt have the right extension and so the device isnt showing it as a recording.. is there any way to truely browse this phone?

Pls advise. (I have tried hooking it up to windows, but the voice recording folder doesnt show up)
    Maybe it just got stored elsewhere, but the recorder should know where. You can explore the files both on the card as well as the device memory. There's a couple different ways: 1) Use your pc's explorer, but Mass Media Mode must be enabled, which you can do in Options -> Memory. Typically the card will be Blackberry2, and device memory is named Blackberry1. 2) On your phone, find and click on the Media icon, then click on the BB button and choose Explore.
    06-01-09 01:37 PM
    Try a battery pull. Leave it out for about 3 min. Then let the phone boot uP. Leave the phone alone after it boots for about 2 or 3 min. That will allow ur phone time to read ur memory. It should show up after u wait. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 01:40 PM
    Maybe it just got stored elsewhere, but the recorder should know where. You can explore the files both on the card as well as the device memory. There's a couple different ways: 1) Use your pc's explorer, but Mass Media Mode must be enabled, which you can do in Options -> Memory. Typically the card will be Blackberry2, and device memory is named Blackberry1. 2) On your phone, find and click on the Media icon, then click on the BB button and choose Explore.

OK, so this worked. I do see the file, minus the extension. Anybody know what the right extension is for this sort of file?
    06-01-09 02:12 PM
    Glad ya found it. Extension should be ".amr"
    06-01-09 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD