I have yet to search , but will after I post this. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!!

I have a BB Storm from Verizon. LOVE the phone, hate the battery life! Any opinions?

I have purchased the 1600mah Battery And have purchased the program batterybooster. and still can only last just under eight hours on full charge.
    I am running os .75 I know I know. I have tried .113 and it didnt help at all.

I hardly use phone and battery still dies. I do use BB Mess alot tho.

When I hold down bb Button to see open apps All I have open is.....
    BBM
    Mess Envelope
    Phone
    Home
    Web Icon

I have tried to close all these especially the internet icon thinking that was draining the battery, but I close it then hold down bb button to see open apps and it is still there just moved to end.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

My 30 day worry free exchange is up today on the 22nd, Should I switch to the curve or is there a fix. Or is the Curves Battery any better? I love the storm if only the battery would last....

PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE NICE
    04-22-09 01:11 AM
    do you have poor signal much of the time? I do and I get poor battery life due to it. I also got the bigger battery to help combat this.

This is a problem with my environment and not the phone. When the phone has excellent signal, the battery will easily last the whole day.
    04-22-09 01:15 AM
    Ok 113 is one of the worst leaks for battery life, others are better like 109 and 122. Also there are settings you can tweak to improve battery like dialing down the backlight and turning off gps and bluetooth when not in use. Check out the how too sub section for more tips.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 01:20 AM
    ya i forgot that. my backlight is already dialed down to 10%. and my signal usually averages between two and three bars. thanks for rapid response.
    04-22-09 01:35 AM
    ya i forgot that. my backlight is already dialed down to 10%. and my signal usually averages between two and three bars. thanks for rapid response.
    I don't know how long you've had your Storm but my battery life SUCKED when I first got it. Trust me, it will get better after a few charging cycles. Don't let it die all the way before you charge. I charge mine every night when I go to bed. My battery has improved greatly over time. Hope this helps...
    04-22-09 02:03 AM
    my fiances phone did the same thing...it wouldnt hold a charge for more than 8 hours. I uninstalled V-cast and her battery life worked fine after that.

EDIT: and I uninstalled VZ Navigator.
    Last edited by vetvipe; 04-22-09 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Update info
    04-22-09 02:11 AM
    I have the same problem! I had to get a car charger AND and spare wall charger to carry with me. I uninstalled vcast and navigator but still I think the battery life could be better...
    04-22-09 04:07 AM
    I forgot to mention she uninstalled visual voice mail too. After those three were uninstalled, her charge life went from 8 hours to about 1.5 days!
    04-22-09 04:09 AM
    This is a mini PC in sense. It has like a 624mhz processor in it which will drain the battery really quick. Dont expect this phone to be like no smartphones. I was told this when I bought the phone so I knew what I was getting into. I use my phone moderatly throughout the day and get about 1.5 days or so on a full charge.
    04-22-09 04:17 AM
    Im running .113/.131 and have been running for 24 hours with 3/4 of life left... Best Leaked OS/Hybird I've tried for battery...
    04-22-09 04:20 AM
    Make sure your gps is on e911 only this will help with battery life

04-22-09 04:38 AM
    Make sure your gps is on e911 only this will help with battery life

I've heard this one before, but just don't buy it. Used to keep GPS set to 911 only, now I have it on all the time. Made no difference in battery life.

04-22-09 05:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD