When I connect my Storm to my desktop I keep getting an error that stats:

"USB Device Not Recognized"

I have searched the forum and tried the solutions that were giving such as:
    1. Uninstall and reinstall desktop manager
    2. Restart Desktop
    3. Restart Phone

Nothing is working. I connected my phone to my laptop and it sees my phone and charges it. When I connect it to my desktop it doesn't show the charge bolt and it doesn't see my phone as a Blackberry Smartphone. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    10-27-09 11:01 PM
    Make sure Mass Storage Mode is set to on, and that Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is set to yes. These can be found in Options/Memory. If that doesn't work there is a know Mass Storage Mode Problem with OS 5.0 that some are experiencing. Rim has a fix/patch to repair it. Check my signature for the link.
    10-27-09 11:08 PM
    I tried that and the command prompt screen stays at:

"Connecting to Bootrom: (Flashing Underscore)"

I also tried restarting my phone will in the command prompt and no luck.
    10-27-09 11:17 PM
    this maybe a normal answer from me, but just trying to help, how bout the firewall? try to restart pc, disable the firewall. or if still not working, looks like driver problem or similar. just my 2 cents.
    10-27-09 11:47 PM
    I was having the same problem.

Click on this link. Click on the blue word Show. Click on Resolution. Download and run the link there. Now my computer recognizes my Storm.
    10-27-09 11:57 PM
    this worked for me...what i did was i took the battery out and connected it to my computer, once the battery with the red line through it came on the screen i started the patch. as soon as all the letters first started going i put the battery back into the phone and just left it there...and whalahhh it worked!
    10-28-09 12:27 AM
    I tried the calfix.exe and it didn't work. It goes to the command prompt screens and just stays at the bootrom step. I reset my device when it stopped there and nothing helped. I will try the reset and wait for the red light of the reboot tonight.
    10-28-09 10:58 AM
    Have you tried restarting your computer ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-09 11:33 AM
    Yes I restarted my computer. I included the fact that I had done that in my first post. I got my computer to recognize my phone but when I was in the middle of the 5.0 offical update it stopped recognizing it and bricked my phone. I fixed it using the 101 Thread How to fixed a nuked storm and now its good. My computer doesn't recognize my phone still but I will just use my laptop.
    10-29-09 03:19 PM
    Fixed the problem. I had to downgrade my OS and reinstall 328 with Loader.exe. I tried the calfix and reboots and all. Now my computer recognizes my phone. This also fixed my GPS problem I was having that I posted in another thread. Thank you all for your help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 10:22 AM
    Make sure Mass Storage Mode is set to on, and that Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode is set to yes. These can be found in Options/Memory. If that doesn't work there is a know Mass Storage Mode Problem with OS 5.0 that some are experiencing. Rim has a fix/patch to repair it. Check my signature for the link.
    I was having both the USB device recognition error that appears on the PC screen and the error notice on the Storm screen about the connection/charging.

I took a look at the Mass Storage Mode settings and saw that I had to reset the Auto Enable to "yes".

That seems to have eliminated both problems.

Thanks.

Joe
    11-08-09 09:05 PM
    Thanks Buckifvr. It worked like a charm.
    11-09-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD