i just got an 9530 storm from a friend of mine who has verizon. i unlocked the phone fine and am able to get texts, and aol emails, etc. i just can't get on the net. i called att and tried to get them to send me my sevice books. i tried the step by step process on posted on here and still got nothing. any help would be appreciated. i see that this is a problem with storm users. thanks again.
    Last edited by slimjames; 04-15-09 at 04:39 PM.
    04-14-09 07:37 PM
    Please read this thread--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/
    04-14-09 07:39 PM
    Did you already register your IMEI with ATT? Do you have a Data plan? If you have done those have you registered on BIS for ATT? Lots more information and go to the thread Crucial gave you as there is tons of info in 90 pages that you should search through first.
    04-14-09 07:44 PM
    how do i register my IMEI number with att i called and said that i can't due to it being an unlocked storm
    04-14-09 08:05 PM
    Just call them back and tell them you want a BB data plan. They will ask for your IMEI and give it to them. If they give you any issue just talk to a manager and have them do it. Otherwise say your going to cancel your service and go to Verizon.
    04-14-09 08:27 PM
    i already have a blackberry data plan from previous phone
    04-14-09 08:33 PM
    Go to the AT&T BIS Page log in and change the device information. Follow the guide provided. Then resend the service books and as long as you have a BlackBerry data plan, you should be fine.
    04-14-09 08:40 PM
    still doesnt work
    04-14-09 08:51 PM
    If you get error message on the BIS page that phone is registered to another user or service your pin will have to be released.
    PM me and I can help with that.
    04-14-09 08:53 PM
    Go to the OS Discussions section and look for How to something AT&T something something.

Or search storm at&t service books

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 08:55 PM
    still doesnt work
    Ok obviously you are doing something wrong or you're not provisioned for a BlackBerry because there are tons of CB members using Storms on AT&T. First you need to call AT&T and make sure you're set up on a BlackBerry plan, and give them the new IMEI #. They will accept it. Second, you need to make sure you followed the guide correctly. Again, there are many people who have done this and use their Storms on AT&T everyday. So there is something you're missing along the way. You should start over and follow the directions above. Switching the IMEI & PIN #'s on the BIS page should be enough. Then follow the guide.
    04-14-09 09:05 PM
    i have a blackberry plan cause i'm switching over from my curve i'll try the steps again though
    04-14-09 09:10 PM
    i have a blackberry plan cause i'm switching over from my curve i'll try the steps again though
    If you already have a plan then you need to make sure AT&T registers the new IMEI & PIN number. After that you need to make sure the follow the How-To guide perfectly. Otherwise the device will not work properly.
    04-14-09 09:12 PM
    on the step by step process to get my internet working right above step one it says to download/save service books to desktop.....how do i do that and where do i get them from?
    04-14-09 11:39 PM
    The service books are at the end of the first post. You cant miss them. YOu download and save to your computer and when its time to overwrite the service books in DM thats when you will use them. Its all in the thread. I did this and it was not as complicated as you are making it out to be lol.
    04-15-09 01:29 AM
    I couldn't get the internet to truly work until I used the .90 radio code. Is the phone changing from edge to EDGE when you open the browser? The first time I used my Storm (it was on os .75) it wouldn't even access the internet. Now it does it just fine.
    04-15-09 02:36 AM
    ok i finally got it working i wasnt doing the service book portion right thanks for all the help guys
    04-15-09 11:27 AM
    ok i finally got my browser to work but when i go to change my email settings under default services its blank any ideas on how to fix the problem
    Last edited by slimjames; 04-15-09 at 04:41 PM.
    04-15-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD