Actually I don't think it's my Storm at all. I have Windows XP and I have bba service on my storm. Installed VZAM and my phone is recognized as Standard Modem in device manager but when I try to run VZAM, I am not seeing any networks and upon trying to connect I get "Cannot find an entry in the phone book for this connection" What did I do wrong? I have the rasphone.pbk file in the right location but it is empty.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
    06-24-09 05:28 PM
    Actually I don't think it's my Storm at all. I have Windows XP and I have bba service on my storm. Installed VZAM and my phone is recognized as Standard Modem in device manager but when I try to run VZAM, I am not seeing any networks and upon trying to connect I get "Cannot find an entry in the phone book for this connection" What did I do wrong? I have the rasphone.pbk file in the right location but it is empty.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
    Sounds lame, but I use VZAM on a daily basis, and I can't tell you the number of times I've had to re-install it. Used to be a last resort, but now it is first line of defense.

Worth a try ...
    06-24-09 05:47 PM
    ok I'll reinstall...again, lol! Thanks!
    06-24-09 09:15 PM
    I Tether using my Storm on a daily basis with VZAM. 3-4 Times a week I have to re-install the software for some odd reason. Such a pita sometimes. Go to > add/remove software > click on VZAM > hit Repair. This should do the trick for ya. It does for me anyway. GL!
    06-25-09 12:09 AM
    Everything seems to be working fine until it asks for my telephone number at the end of the wizard...I get "Cannot create the phonebook entry" No idea why...Happened again this morning.
    06-25-09 09:43 AM
    Does the laptop that you are connecting to have bluetooth? I use a bluetooth connection and you do not have to use vzaccessmanager. When you pair the BB with your computer, it recognizes modem over bluetooth link. You can then add a connection to your windows dialup connections. Username is: yournumber[at_symbol]dun.vzw3g.com Password: vzw Number: #777. I think I read something about needing desktop manager running when you want to use your phone as a modem with the usb cable but I cannot be sure. Regardless of if you use bluetooth or usb to connect the BB to your computer the settings are the same. BTW if you edit the connection yourself you may want to increase the modem speed from 115 kbps .
    Last edited by cvance090685; 06-25-09 at 12:04 PM.
    06-25-09 12:02 PM
    it does but i just found out that I did not have the bba service turned on.. I had corporate e-mail instead DUHH!! So I'm going to try it again this weekend...hopefully that's what was causing the problem. I'm such an *****.
    06-26-09 04:39 PM
    Hey , for what it is worth , I having been dealing with the vzw tethering blues for 3 months. Here is what I have come up with: 1st , verizon threw something together for a way to make more money. 2nd the run around I was getting from tech support was really upsetting me so I spent 42bucks @ the handango web site on a program called tetherberry and I have to say, this program rocks . It is quick to install , very easy to launch, and much faster than vzw ! vzaccess was causing my BB to freeze , losing connection , taking forever to connect , then there was that 30 dollars a month that really made me mad . No more excuses from techs that don't know squat and no monthly charge for a bunch of excuses. I have been using it heavily w/no freeze ups on BB and no reboots on laptop yet .Well worth money spent.
    06-27-09 08:14 PM
    then there was that 30 dollars a month that really made me mad
    So are you saying you use the program and don't pay for the service any longer but it still works? PM me the answer if you must. I know Alltel was the same way as well but for only 10.00 a month.
    06-27-09 10:34 PM
    I used tetherberry hard for 24hrs to make sure it could handle the abuse I tend to put on my laptop , as soon as I installed tetherberry I deleted vzaccess to eliminate any software conflicts and to make sure my system didnt try to wifi a signal . I had vzw drop my 5gig tethering option which is 30 dollars a month after I felt safe . vzw tethering downloads @ 30 to 80 kb per sec or just under .5 mb per min, with tetherberry I get 1 to 1.4 mb per min . The reason for no monthly charge is that you are using the BB unlimited access plan which is 30 dollars a month also , plus you are now using tetherberry's servers and not vzw . the only setback I see so far is that your true location is lost due to the "mirroring " of server usage which routes thru san diego cal. I previously paid 60 dollars on top of my monthly plan just to be wireless w/laptop. A wireless plan w/card from vzw is 50 dollars a month and is unlimited . Either way tetherberry is cheaper and this weekend only handango has 25% off making it $37.45 plus 4.99 for unlimited redownloading incase you screw up your system .
    06-27-09 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD