hey there..sorry about the noobie questions..
    i just saw the tool for swap a radio.. so i did put the file into cdma then i clicked which 1 i want (.113)... i get the messagebox.. i launch loader....

click next so it sees my phone i clicked next again now its asking

1.leave the system app on device unchanged.
    2. replace the device's apps with the older version provided by the blackberry desktop software.

i picked first choice and all i have here is
    google maps
    blackberry app world
    stormlock

all of them are checked and action says none... i click next again.. says no actions are required... can someone please help me out on changing my radio file since .122 really sucks..
    thanks
    04-16-09 02:04 PM
    nevermind i got it working... now gotta figure out stupid email not to keep resending a copy to myself of whatever i email out
    04-16-09 04:53 PM
    I tried to use swap a radio after installing .148. When I navigate to the loader file and then .148 (not CDMA as it says in the program window) and then select .90 radio, I get the error message "cannot create a file that already exists"? Huh? I deleted .148 from programs and reinstalled it but got same results. How do I delete everything that I need to and start over?
    06-10-09 10:52 PM
    I tried to use swap a radio after installing .148. When I navigate to the loader file and then .148 (not CDMA as it says in the program window) and then select .90 radio, I get the error message "cannot create a file that already exists"? Huh? I deleted .148 from programs and reinstalled it but got same results. How do I delete everything that I need to and start over?
    Ive used this program many times. Make sure you have the correct location selected for the radio file to browse/download to (the current OS folder) inthe Swap program. Should be a browser window that has the file tree listed. This is where the new code will be downloaded to. Go to the program files>common files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files>(OS)>CDMA. Inside that folder you should see a .sis file (the radio) and folder that says "Backup." If you don't, then the file didn't download. In the shared folder, make sure you don't have multiple loader files. (multiple OS's). If you do, delete the one you aren't using as the downloaded radio file may have been downloaded in that folder.

hope I didn't confuse you.
    06-10-09 11:29 PM
    Also, I have heard that the .90 radio isn't compatible with .148 main loads.
    Minimum radio supported was .109

Can someone else verify / confirm that?
    06-11-09 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD