I know.. sounds dumb, but it fell off the top of the microwave into pancake batter. I have taken the phone apart and wiped off all the goo... the phone powers on and is recieving messages, but my bottons on the bottom and the actual touch screen is not working! Any suggestions! I am having withdrawl already! I knew if anyone could save it, it would be this forum!

THANKS!
    10-11-09 10:58 AM
    I reckon you have to take it apart as much as you can unscrew stuff if you can, then get a slightley damp cloth and wipe it as much as you can get cotton buds to get in the crevises, then still disassembled leave the parts under a low wattage lamp to evapourate any moisture.
    10-11-09 11:09 AM
    I know.. sounds dumb, but it fell off the top of the microwave into pancake batter. I have taken the phone apart and wiped off all the goo... the phone powers on and is recieving messages, but my bottons on the bottom and the actual touch screen is not working! Any suggestions! I am having withdrawl already! I knew if anyone could save it, it would be this forum!

THANKS!
    Cook over medium heat until golden brown, then flip. Serve with fresh fruit.

Sorry! I couldn't help myself. That sucks. I seem to remember somebody talking about cleaning a water logged storm in some sort of alcohol bath, might help. I don't recall what kind at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 11:18 AM
    LOL golden brown.

Yeah alchohol would be good as it evapourates quicker then water but I don't think bathing your BB in it is a good idea.
    10-11-09 11:23 AM
    If you plan on doing the alcohol bath make sure you let it dry completely before putting the battery in.
    If that doesn't work, you could always pay the $50 and get a new one from the tec insurance. You did get insurance on it, right?
    If not you can always get some parts from CNN
    Cellular Nationwide Network
    Last edited by mrZoSo; 10-11-09 at 02:21 PM.
    10-11-09 12:18 PM
    Go to Verizon and don't tell them what happened, but just that it stopped working. If they tell you there's nothing they can do for you, leave and go to a different verizon store.
    I did this when I had a cracked screen a year ago and the first Verizon store said sorry but the second one was able to replace it for me for $50. Mind you, it was not under warranty and I would've had to buy a completely new phone, but the store was nice enough to let me slide and give me a new one for $50. Just gotta look around and find a friendly store and understandable managers
    10-11-09 01:29 PM
    ,,,the store was nice enough to let me slide and give me a new one for $50.
    Sounds like they just used the tec insurance
    10-11-09 02:19 PM

THANKS!
    mmmmm.... BlackBerry pancakes! yum!

I agree with the cooking instructions, but don't overcook them.....

In all seriousness, sorry to hear that. hopefully you can get it replaced.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    10-11-09 05:58 PM
    You need some syrup and butter on that thing!!!
    10-11-09 06:30 PM
    Go to Verizon and don't tell them what happened, but just that it stopped working. If they tell you there's nothing they can do for you, leave and go to a different verizon store.
    I did this when I had a cracked screen a year ago and the first Verizon store said sorry but the second one was able to replace it for me for $50. Mind you, it was not under warranty and I would've had to buy a completely new phone, but the store was nice enough to let me slide and give me a new one for $50. Just gotta look around and find a friendly store and understandable managers
    I agree... Had the same happen when the phone decided to take a swim in the toilet bowl. After apart and dried, it would turn on but functions where screwyy. Took it back and said I dont know whats wrong. Walked out with a new one.
    10-11-09 06:39 PM
    OOuucchhhhh, that sucks man. Even if it was fully operational, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep it lol I'm way to picky!
    10-11-09 06:41 PM
    My dropped his in a hot tub and we got it working after it dried out. I feel for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:02 PM
    damn man sorry to hear that.... make sure you warm ya syrup up lol sorry i had to
    10-11-09 11:32 PM
    Hmmm... I'd say DON'T do this. Sure, you might get some dumb tech that will buy the story and end up walking out with a new device (which I understand is the goal), but not likely. Anyone that thinks they can't tell when the device has been exposed to liquid - even if it is pancake batter - is simply kidding themselves. DON'T go in playing all stupid.... 'cuz if they decide to inspect the device then that's more than likely the exact same way that you'll leave.
    10-12-09 11:02 AM
    That's got to be the funniest way to kill a storm lol

BTW here's a bunny with a pancake on its head
    10-12-09 12:00 PM
    I agree... Had the same happen when the phone decided to take a swim in the toilet bowl. After apart and dried, it would turn on but functions where screwyy. Took it back and said I dont know whats wrong. Walked out with a new one.
    And people are wondering why it is getting harder and harder to get the phones replaced for legitimate problems.

Take it in, tell them you don't know what the problem is, and then set back and wait for them to charge your account for the price of the new phone when they discover your piece of junk full of dried pancake batter. Verizon should really start prosecuting for fraud.
    10-12-09 12:12 PM
    And people are wondering why it is getting harder and harder to get the phones replaced for legitimate problems.

Take it in, tell them you don't know what the problem is, and then set back and wait for them to charge your account for the price of the new phone when they discover your piece of junk full of dried pancake batter. Verizon should really start prosecuting for fraud.
    Too bad im in Canada where cell phone companies rape you in the first place!
    10-12-09 02:21 PM
    Too bad im in Canada where cell phone companies rape you in the first place!
    Then go without a cell phone. Or does someone have a weapon to your head. No matter what country you are in, a thief is a theif no matter how you try to justify it.
    10-12-09 02:36 PM
    If you have asurion, pay $50 for a replacement, they cover all.

I was at a party and I took a swim with my clothes on, 10 minutes later realized my storm was still in my pocket, took it to verizon, told them what happened, laughed and put in an order for a new phone.
    10-12-09 03:05 PM
    Then go without a cell phone. Or does someone have a weapon to your head. No matter what country you are in, a thief is a theif no matter how you try to justify it.
    Yes, infact the service provider has a weapon to my head... But in all seriousness, you dont know the whole story. I had the replacement plan (that hadn't expired) and they still wouldnt cover it.. Luckily theres so many shady phone stores here that it doesnt really matter what happens to your phone, take it to the right place and your covered.. Whats that saying "its not what you know, its who you know"?
    10-12-09 04:22 PM
    BTW here's a bunny with a pancake on its head

LMAO!!!

10 char
    10-12-09 07:27 PM
    follow the link in my signature. Alcohol for cleaning is essential here. I'd take it apart as much as you can too.
    10-12-09 07:33 PM
    Find someone with an ultrasonic cleaner, or a jewelry cleaner. Put the PCB in that. If it is one that is meant to deal with flammable liquids, put 91% isopropyl alcohol in it.

Ultrasonic cleaners are the unsung heroes of spill damage on portable electronics. If you have a friend who likes to have clean looking jewelry, chances are you know someone with an ultrasonic cleaner.
    10-12-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD