I am very new to the forum here but i need serious help. My Blackberry Storm 9530 was dropped in a pool yesterday. Ive tried all kinds of stuff--putting it in a bowl of rice, the oven, hair dryer, compressed air, etc. Weird thing is; Last night the little red light would come on when i put the battery in but today it isnt. Nothing happens. My SERIOUS #1 question is; if the phone is truly water damaged, is there any possible way on Gods green Earth to get AT LEAST the pictures back? I just lost nearly 500 pictures of remodleing jobs ive done to go in a portfolio!!!!!! The thing is, I guess theres a DEVICE memory and there is the SIM card. All my pics were on the DEVICE memory-the SIM card showed nothing on my digital camera. I guess when you take a picture with the Storm it automatically saves on the DEVICE memory until you put it on the SIM card. Any help would be much appreciated, I really hope all is not lost.
    06-15-09 06:12 PM
    Normally they save on the memory card. I would leave it in the JAR of rice that is sealed for 2 or 3 days. If that don't work it is done. Sorry.
    06-15-09 06:17 PM
    I feel your pain. Mine had an encounter with H20 as well. It's wasn't much but just enough to make it pretty much dead. It's in rice now. I'll probably add some soy sauce a little later.
    06-15-09 06:21 PM
    There's also the possibilty that the battery is dead in addition to the water problem. Do you know someone else with a charged storm battery you coulkd try out? I don't think it would be wise to plug your bb in if you're not sure that all of the water is gone.

Also I have heard of the rice taking over 2 days and then working so it's worth waiting in my opinion.
    06-15-09 06:24 PM
    Try to understand this...

THE
    SIM
    DOES
    NOTHING
    IN
    THE
    US

PHOTOS
    DO
    NOT
    SAVE
    ON
    THE
    SIM

Your photos may be on the memory card. Get a reader and pop the card in
    06-15-09 06:36 PM
    I would still leave the whole thing in rice for a couple of days before trying to turn it on again. I would even change the rice out tomorrow morning. If your pictures are important to you, you should be backing them up regularly.

Grey
    06-15-09 06:40 PM
    Does anyone else find it horribly ironic when a storm succumbs to water?

oh, and silica gel works. go to wal mart and dig in their shoes for a few packs.
    06-15-09 06:41 PM
    Does anyone else find it horribly ironic when a storm succumbs to water?

oh, and silica gel works. go to wal mart and dig in their shoes for a few packs.
    The Storm is following a normal natural cycle. Every Storm that does develop, eventually weakens and dies.
    06-15-09 06:49 PM
    This doesn't help you at this point.... But for future reference for everyone here...

If you ever drop a phone in water, remove the battery immediately. Place the phone in a sealed container with dessicant (like silica gel) or rice in a pinch. Leave it at LEAST overnight. If you put the battery in too soon, you risk there being enough water to cause a short, but not enough to disappate the heat from the short, thus frying your electronics.

No guarantee this will work, because your electronics might have fried upon first contact with water, but it saved my previous phone. Patience is key, because first instinct is to want to try turning it on right away to see if it works and that is a bad idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD