I've searched the forum, and have not seen this problem posted. I have custom ringtones assigned for my kids, so that when they call, I know its them. DUH! Anyways, I've noticed that sometimes when I receive a text alert ie. weather alert from a local news station, that the custom ringtone that I assigned to my kids will sound. Its not a huge deal, but it sucks when I think my kids are trying to contact me and its just a weather alert or what not. I'm running .85, and am pretty happy with my Storm overall, but this is an glitch I'd like to get fixed or tweaked. Any ideas as to how I can resolve this issue or is this a problem with the firmware? Thanks in advance for the input.
    12-31-08 09:33 AM
    Where do you have your rings saved to? SC card or 1GB onboard device memory?

Did you set all alerts to those rings or do you other rings set for those alerts.

Hit us up with more info.
    12-31-08 09:48 AM
    Everything under Ringtones/Alerts/Messages is set to BBPro_Sanguine (this includes email, level 1, MMS, PIN, SMS Text)

and I believe my custom ringtones are saved to onboard device memory
    12-31-08 09:56 AM
    Cool. So under sounds option or thru editing a contact, did you save specific rings for your kids?

Have you tried a battery pull yet?
    12-31-08 09:59 AM
    Yep, custom ringtones for my kids were set up through editing contacts, and yes I've done battery pulls.

Its a strange thing that I don't understand thats why I posted my question.
    12-31-08 10:22 AM
    Go to your msg alerts "options" and see what sound files are set as your alerts. The device may have switch to one of your custom ringtones.
    12-31-08 10:55 AM
    Storm, I'm not sure how to get to msg alert "options". Are you referring to SMS and MMS/BB button/Message Alerts? If so I have checked all those message settings and they all are set to BBPro_Sanguine. If this is not what you are referring to could you please guide me? Thanks
    12-31-08 02:10 PM
    I can't silence my phone. It is driving me nuts. I set alerts to silence in the holster and even silent when it isn't in a holster and yet, when I get an e-mail it alerts me. Any suggests?
    Rochelle
    01-01-09 08:46 PM
    Rochelle, I don't know about the Curve, but on my Storm if I want to silence all my alerts I click the "Sound" Icon, then click "All Alerts Off", I found that clicking "Vibrate only" or "Silent" does not silent Custom Ringtones or alerts.
    01-01-09 09:42 PM
    I actually have the storm also. I should update my profile. But, if all alerts are off, I wouldn't get alerts for text would I?

Rochelle
    01-01-09 10:08 PM
    to cLarify:

if you have custom ring tones for some contacts, if your phone is on vibrate there is no way to make those on vibrate as well??
    01-01-09 11:04 PM
    I actually have the storm also. I should update my profile. But, if all alerts are off, I wouldn't get alerts for text would I?

Rochelle
    Rochelle, with all alerts off, you would not be notified of any text messages, you would still receive them though

Henry
    01-01-09 11:44 PM
    to cLarify:

if you have custom ring tones for some contacts, if your phone is on vibrate there is no way to make those on vibrate as well??

PrincessLaur, My experience is that custom ringtones will ring through even though you have set your sound profile to vibrate. I have not found a way to have those contacts with custom ringtones vibrate only. I only know that you can silence them by turning all alerts off. This is kinda annoying to me.
    01-01-09 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD