Ok first off hey CrackBerry whats up? i've been lurking around here for a month or so trying to decide between a Storm and a LG Versa. Decided on the storm so anyways i have had the phone for about two weeks and i have noticed the clicking on the screen has seemed to dull. it doesnt seem as crisp i dont know how else to describe it. Also the thing has been freezing like crazy when i try to multitask and i have went through and closed all non vital apps running in the background. So i do battery pulls and restart it and it runs fine until this happens again. (my battery is also another problem it lasts from 7 AM to 3 PM on one charge ) I know this is the norm or close to the norm for a storm for most but i just feel its more then Normal. Another problem i was having is that everynow and then it just turns fuzzy its like a static screen on a T.V. but its like white blue and pink all little pixels and stuff. Now is this normal?? all my problems listed. ?? if it is disregard that part sorry for wasting that _____ mins of your life.

So i go into verizon today to possibly get a new phone since i'm within the 30 day period. They take my phone and start to open apps and type and just runn through stuff as fast as they can. I watch them and it freezes once and they hand it back to me and say that RIM has been experiencing problems with the phone and the new update is going to fix that. Ok i think well can i at least get a new phone for the battery or clicking problem and that will pass me until (if ever ) the new OS release. They look at me and say that it will cost me 35 dollars restocking fee and that they wouldn't advise it because it seems to just be a battery problem and they dont carry any replacements. So i get my phone back and ask about the clicking and they say its fine but i go play with theres before i leave and i can notice a difference.

so this is what im asking i guess. tomorrow i plan to go in and get a new phone stating that my screen is not working properly and the software is not right. I dont really know i need some tips or key phrases to say because i as a consumer know for sure that this was not the same phone i got the day i walked out. ( i am only seventeen, so idk take that what it is for. You can start in with flaming or whatever just looking for some help) so if anyone has any pointers or would mind helping i would love it. as of right now i have a small piece of paper folded a few times behind my battery to try to help the click but it doesnt seem out of the box like day one. idk maybe im just a stupid seventeen year old who doesnt know what he is talking about.. lol

PS. also i asked about a new OS release and as many other people have stated and heard. My rep said sometime next month and that it should make the storm a brand new phone. He also said that there is a beta/unofficial lower version available on the internet and i asked where and he said crackberry so i kind of smiled and asked him if it was the .114 or whatever and he looked at me like i was crazy so i doubt he knew what he was talking about. lol take it for what it is worth thanks in advance

Lilmandude13
    03-23-09 05:57 PM
    ok well i might not have looked deep enough so i dont know what the rule on bumping is but if i cant then i appologize but i just thought id throw this to the top quick with all the hype over .113. just giving it one more chance. if not ill let it die

thanks
    03-23-09 07:59 PM
    I believe the rule on bumping is to wait 3 days...Here's a few tips.

8 hours is not normal battery life on the storm with moderate usage...if you're a heavy user then that's different. After 8 hours of moderate usage I generally have at least 70% battery left.

The phone freezing etc can largely be solved by updating your own OS...I would suggesting going with version .109 beta...do so at your own risk, and follow the directions very carefully.

The screen click can be solved with either the business card or the screw method. Search the forums for screen adjustments on the storm.

The static screen you describe is related to the OS, and will also be solved with an upgrade to a beta. It sounds to me like your issues are all solvable.

If you don't feel like taking the time or effort to solve the screen issue on the brand new phone yourself, then take it back and tell verizon to either fix or replace it. Make sure you approach it as a warranty issue, not as a matter of you just wanting new phone.

You can also explain the battery issue to them...either you're a very heavy user who should purchase a second battery to carry with you, or you have a bad battery and they should provide a replacement battery.

At 17 I understand its difficult to be respected as a customer. Perhaps if your parents pay the bill or are willing, you could go to the store with them and have them assist you in communicating effectively with the staff. Overall the best advice is not to get angry.
    03-23-09 08:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD