Hi everybody. Thanks for looking at my problem. I bought a used Storm from a friend a week ago. All was well until last night. I bought my first app from App world (cash cab) It downloaded and then froze up while installing. After a half hour of being frozen, I did a battery pull. It has not booted since. The red light will come on for about 10 seconds and then I get a white screen with the timer for a bit then it goes dark. Then the red light wil come on again, yada yada yada. It keeps repeating this cycle over and over and over. I pulled the battery several different times (once for about 3 hours) I left it charging to the wall charger all night, I have tried the USB connection, too. Verizon told me since it is not under warranty, they couldn't help me. He said since it keeps cycling, they could not reload the OS. I try to hook it up to desktop manager, but it will only read the pin briefly but not enough for me to do anything about reloading the software.

I have had a Pearl for awhile with very few problems so I am a newb to these forums. I did some searching and found many similar issues but none that I thought were the same as mine and nothing i tried has worked.

Thank you in advance for any leads or help you may provide.
    10-27-09 11:22 AM
    Use BBSAK and reinstall the OS again.
    10-27-09 11:32 AM
    I was able to load OS 5.0 and it is working now, thank you
    10-27-09 01:48 PM
    ive done a battery pull more than six times when i put the battery in the red light comes on for 8 sec then will shut off and the screen will ficker i little then cycle again and again how do i fix this problem?
    11-04-09 04:14 PM
    Try booting up in safe mode (hold your escape key down while the power up sequence is going on).
    11-04-09 06:53 PM
    If your problem is like mine, you may need to reload your OS. A helpful person on the other forums pointed me to the Verizon website that had the device loader which I used. Unfortunately, I do not have enough posts to give you the link.

I followed the instructions to load OS 5.0 and was back up and running in no time, it was great. But since it reloaded the OS, I lost all my settings and contacts. It works better than ever now.
    11-04-09 07:17 PM
    That is exactly the problem I had with my phone!!!
    Verizon is replacing it, wish I had seen this last night when the problem started
    11-05-09 02:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD