My wife has the Storm 1 and I upgraded the OS to 5.0 (The official version on the Verizon network). The problem is that when she locks her phone it will still beep like crazy if a button or screen is pressed. This happens alot when it is in her purse. With the older OS you could press the lock button twice and it would prevent the beeping maddness. With 5.0 you can't or we have not figured it out. That is the main issue. The other issue is she lost alot of contacts when I upgraded the OS.
    01-06-10 07:53 AM
    .... With the older OS you could press the lock button twice and it would prevent the beeping maddness.
    So I understand this, you were hearing the beeping before the 5.0 upgrade but you could get it to stop?

If this is true then I don't think this would be an OS issue. What type of Third Party Apps are loaded? Maybe one of these is causing the beeping?
    01-06-10 07:58 AM
    Could be a profile setting, but I'm not sure which one it would be, but try tweaking the in holster (locked) settings. I have not otherwise heard of this issue.
    01-06-10 09:33 AM
    Pandora is the only third party app she has on the phone. Yes I heard the beeping before 5.0 and all you had to do was hit the lock button twice. I've looked at every setting that I can think of and I've found nothing. I'm about ready to throw this piece of junk down into a bucket of water and start over with a new phone. I just wish she choosed the Tour like I did but she wanted that big screen.
    01-06-10 05:05 PM
    Options>screen/keyboard>key tone. Have that turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD