Last night and previously, my phone has been able to call people, and i've been able to hear ringing, talking, and all that stuff through the receiver, but now i can't since i woke up this morning and got on my phone. It just doesn't make any noise when i call anyone. I've tried plenty of numbers, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am taking it into Verizon tomorrow if i don't find out how to fix it on my own, or figure out whats wrong with it.

Everything else works fine, i even got an error tone through my receiver, but i cant hear anything other than that.

Thanks.
    04-07-09 05:09 PM
    Last night and previously, my phone has been able to call people, and i've been able to hear ringing, talking, and all that stuff through the receiver, but now i can't since i woke up this morning and got on my phone. It just doesn't make any noise when i call anyone. I've tried plenty of numbers, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am taking it into Verizon tomorrow if i don't find out how to fix it on my own, or figure out whats wrong with it.

Everything else works fine, i even got an error tone through my receiver, but i cant hear anything other than that.

Thanks.
    dude its been happening to me since sunday so i've pulled my battery checked my settings and nothing. can you post back what you find out i hear to many stories about the replacements been more nuts so if it doesnt ring here or there i can live with that
    04-07-09 05:35 PM
    I am probably just going to get a replacement tomorrow if no one responds. I dont know what happened, i tried calling my dad today and then my friend and neither of them made the receiver pick up, so i couldn't hear anything. It was like i didnt even have the phone on.

I'm gonna downgrade back to .75, see if it works, upgrade to .113 and see if it works, downgrade back to .75 and then take it in as a last ditch fix.
    04-07-09 05:52 PM
    its probably stuck on headset mode. i had that problem too. use the headphone and insert and pull it out of the headset jack quickly a few times and it should release the contact.
    04-07-09 06:01 PM
    its probably stuck on headset mode. i had that problem too. use the headphone and insert and pull it out of the headset jack quickly a few times and it should release the contact.
    what if you never plug one in???
    04-07-09 06:09 PM
    That might be what happened! I listened to it yesterday with headphones! Thank you gtiger

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 07:41 PM
    I had the same problem when I upgraded to one of the betas. If the plugging and unplugging the headset a few times doesn't work. I also used a Q-tip with the cotton removed as a fix one time. There is a switch inside the jack that just has to be reset. Hope this helps
    04-07-09 09:12 PM
    I had the same problem, too. I had to downgrade to .75. I've tried every combination of OS bata and hybrids and only .75 seems to work. And if you bring it back to Verizon with anything but the .75, they'll probably laugh at you and tell you it's because you're using an unsupported version of the OS. So I'm waiting for the official upgrade and I'll see if the problem also exists on that one.
    04-07-09 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD