hi people, when I try to install application, my phone says insufficient space for application!
    if I try option>memory
    it shows:
    application memory
    free space 0.0KB
    Device memory
    free space 834.2MB (Total 879.2MB)
    I have also 8GB media card installed.
    How can I utilise my free space for application?

Thank you in advance.xxx
    04-02-09 07:09 PM
    This is not possible.
    :O
    You can't use your device memory or the 8GB memory card to save applications.
    04-02-09 07:13 PM
    Pull out your battery and put it back in. You will then have 30 to 40

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 07:15 PM
    I have only a few applications installed. I haven't used app world yet. more & more applications is being added everyday. so, does it mean I wouldn't be able to install any more application?
    04-02-09 07:21 PM
    Please continue to read through the forums and read my post above. You have to do battery pulls everynow and then to keep up app memory. You can have a lpt of App items.

04-02-09 07:23 PM
    Not until you pull your battery and release some of that used memory. The blackberry will only install apps into the application memory pool. The 0 bytes free pool you see in your posting. The 879mb of flash and the 8gb sd card have no bearing on your application memory. I wish it could be used that way, that would be way awesome, but unfortunately it does not.
    04-02-09 07:25 PM
    Pull out your battery and put it back in. You will then have 30 to 40

After battery pull out, 15.5 MB free! thanks my friend.
    is this the only way to install a new application???!!!
    04-02-09 07:28 PM
    15.5mb, I would have to say that there is still some stuff that can be cleaned out. Have you cleared your browser cache lately? On my Bold I get any wheres from 48 to 53mb free after a battery pull. Of course if you have a mess load of apps installed already then I would have to ask what ones and are they really that needed to take up all that space? But that's just me.
    04-02-09 07:36 PM
    I'm just wondering how can the iphone users download so many applications?
    04-02-09 07:46 PM
    15.5MB?? you really need to clear a lot of things... clear the event log.. clear the cache on your browser (some of the other app also have cache) delete your msgs/email/call log once in a while..
    and also... make sure you actually close any application after you're done.. don't just press the "end" button.. make sure you click the back button all the way.. or press and hold the back until the app is closed.. or go to menu and choose close/exit... anything you use.. you need to close
    04-02-09 08:01 PM
    because their applications are stored on the flash storage not in the memory thus there is much more space for applications and it makes for bigger more complex apps with more depth and better graphics
    04-02-09 08:41 PM
    Aaaaahahahhahahah!!!!!

YES! IT ONLY TOOK TWO DAYS FOR SOMEONE TO REALISE 50MB OF FREE MEMORY ON THE STORM IS NOT ENOUGH FOR APP WORLD!

When will RIM learn?

BTW peeps, if you haven't figured this out yet or are hoping is untrue, YOU CANNOT INSTALL APPS ON THE MEMORY CARD OR 1GB OF ONBOARD MEMORY.

I sense a lot of peeved people if RIM doesn't repartition the internal memory to get at least 256MB of app memory.

04-02-09 09:14 PM
    except push e-mail, in what category blackberry excels iphone then?
    04-02-09 09:30 PM
    nafiz011 I have a feeling you are not closing out of programs properly. Here are two things you need to do:

1) Hold down blackberry button. You should only have 5 things running: Phone, BBmessenger, Home, Browser, Messages.

To close things properly you need to hit the boomerrang button. ORRRR blackberry button Close.

2) Clear and disable event log... how?
    Hold phone in landscape
    blackberrybutton< show keypad< hold down the .!? button so it locks< press /"/"/ (You just pressed 5 buttons)< event log (Warning) will show up< blackberry button< clear log< yes to delete< blackberry button< Options< hilight accacc< blackberry button< Hide all types.

That will help out too.
    04-02-09 09:35 PM
    except push e-mail, in what category blackberry excels iphone then?
    None really. iPhone has push email for Exchange users as well and that's what most organizations run.

Only things iPhone needs is multitasking, camera flash, better camera, better network, and better battery life. That should do it.

04-02-09 09:42 PM
    Aaaaahahahhahahah!!!!!

YES! IT ONLY TOOK TWO DAYS FOR SOMEONE TO REALISE 50MB OF FREE MEMORY ON THE STORM IS NOT ENOUGH FOR APP WORLD!

When will RIM learn?

BTW peeps, if you haven't figured this out yet or are hoping is untrue, YOU CANNOT INSTALL APPS ON THE MEMORY CARD OR 1GB OF ONBOARD MEMORY.

I sense a lot of peeved people if RIM doesn't repartition the internal memory to get at least 256MB of app memory.

Is this something Rim does with all of their devices? I know That no other BB has the amount of memory the Storm does, it just seems strange you can't load apps to the card or device memory.
    04-02-09 10:15 PM
    uummm pretty sure this is wrong. the solution as of now might not be the best of the best since you have to install/uninstall using the 3rd party app but that alone is enough to show you to be wrong.

Aerize, nuff said.
    04-02-09 10:24 PM
    It's a limitation all Blackberries have. Only place you can install stuff to (including themes) is on the app memory. Something that bit RIM in the a** with being able to have OS4.5 on 8830 model and apparently they still haven't figured out how to get around the OS limitation. Well, they know of ways, but they're concerned about security. Bottom line, this is a problem they need to get resolved quick. Apps and themes on these 4.7OS phones will fail if they don't boost memory availability.

04-02-09 10:24 PM
    nafiz011 I have a feeling you are not closing out of programs properly. Here are two things you need to do:

1) Hold down blackberry button. You should only have 5 things running: Phone, BBmessenger, Home, Browser, Messages.

To close things properly you need to hit the boomerrang button. ORRRR blackberry button Close.

2) Clear and disable event log... how?
    Hold phone in landscape
    blackberrybutton< show keypad< hold down the .!? button so it locks< press /"/"/ (You just pressed 5 buttons)< event log (Warning) will show up< blackberry button< clear log< yes to delete< blackberry button< Options< hilight accacc< blackberry button< Hide all types.

That will help out too.
    i did this n went from a whopping 2.3mb to...2.3mb and then did a battery pull n got to 11.8. i cant recall ever having more than 18 or 20mb. so 30 and 40mb seems just impossible for my phone...
    04-03-09 12:03 AM
    Anything under 10-15MB free and you're asking for deleted messages.

04-03-09 12:12 AM
    jeje, because we have devices with 8gb, 16gb or 32gb. and space is not the problem with iphones.
    04-15-10 08:26 AM
    Just like someone mentioned before make sure that you are closing your apps and if you are doing so . A battery pull will fix ur problem and. If it keeps dropping to zero then more likely u have an app leaking memory. Check the most recent ones u have downloaded and if u have to delete any then just do it u can always redownload it again if u want to.Good luck ....

04-15-10 06:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD