Hello all. I have a Storm 9530 running .148 version slimmed from lyrical. When I do a battery pull or use quick pull after the restart I get an error message saying

"uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException"

Another error that pops up every so ofter is

"uncaught exception: 5>=5"

Anyone know what is causing the errors or how to fix them?

thanks for the help.
    06-19-09 07:43 PM
    You could go flipping thru the event log (from home screen, go to landacape mode, bring up keyboard, hold the !?123 till it locks, then press "/"/ ) and try to find when the error occurred, this will usually give an indication as to what app had the error. Then most of the time un-installing it and re-installing it will take care of it, but not always.
    Its not a single task though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 07:56 PM
    You could go flipping thru the event log (from home screen, go to landacape mode, bring up keyboard, hold the !?123 till it locks, then press "/"/ ) and try to find when the error occurred, this will usually give an indication as to what app had the error. Then most of the time un-installing it and re-installing it will take care of it, but not always.
    Its not a single task though.

OK, so exactly what am i looking for in the log? I see alot of things labeled the following in the log:

- a net.rim.ippp - TXst 174
    - a net.rim.ippp - RXCd (98, 223 or 447)
    - W ThemeReader - (precision_zen_360x480_t) Missing resource background_popup_Landscape.png

Thanks again for any help
    06-19-09 08:04 PM
    OK, so exactly what am i looking for in the log? I see alot of things labeled the following in the log:

- a net.rim.ippp - TXst 174
    - a net.rim.ippp - RXCd (98, 223 or 447)
    - W ThemeReader - (precision_zen_360x480_t) Missing resource background_popup_Landscape.png

Are you running a custom theme?
    06-19-09 08:06 PM
    Are you running a custom theme?
    No, I have the theme that came with the Storm running. I do have one loaded on the phone, but itis not the active one
    06-19-09 08:13 PM
    No, I have the theme that came with the Storm running. I do have one loaded on the phone, but itis not the active one
    Reload the OEM .148 and see if it continues. I would put money on it that it will not give you that error anymore. When you shrunk the OS it probably stripped a needed file out of the OS.
    06-19-09 08:16 PM
    Reload the OEM .148 and see if it continues. I would put money on it that it will not give you that error anymore. When you shrunk the OS it probably stripped a needed file out of the OS.
    OK, i thought that I might have to do that. I haven't had a problem with the slimmed OS up until today. Wonder what happened. Will do a backup, wipe, and reload.

Thanks for all the help everyone
    06-19-09 08:20 PM

I haven't had any of those type of errors with the new OS. But when I got them before, I would usually look for line items in the that were bold. But looks like ya some other issues too, so a clean install of the OS , as suggested by others may be the way to go.

06-19-09 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD