It started few weeks ago whenever I tried to send sms, it will show a red X on the sms and the msg says 'mobile equipment status fail'. During this period, I can't receive any sms either. This happened on every OS that I have installed, Just for info I used to use 4.7.0.78 (official), 4.7.0.87. and now I'm using the 4.7.0.100 version.

After a battery pull it's ok but only for a few days and the problem came back. I thought it was a hardware problem and thinking to claim the warranty but then same problem happened to my wife storm so I figured it must be software problem. I've tried wiping the phone using the wipe handheld option and did a fresh installed on the OS but the problem still there. I've also tried refreshing the sms service ctr without any improvement. At one time I also thought maybe it was my sim card but the sim card was fine when I used it on a normal mobile phone like Nokia. No third party application installed except yahoo messenger and facebook and all the other features on the storm works perfectly.

I'm new to the Blackberry so can any of you senior BB user help me to fix the problem.

Thanks.
    02-05-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD