alright, i can reset it and sometimes it will come on but have just a black screen and the backlight is lit and sometimes when i click a button the screen will work but if i text or anything it goes back off again. I have it activated on Alltel and have insurance on it but does anyone know of a way to fix this?? its killing me and pissing me off!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
    06-01-09 02:42 AM
    I had a similar problem after dropping my Storm in the toilet.....took battery out, let sit for a day, and now works fine....are you sure that you don't have any water damage? The other logical explanation or cause could be that there is a short of some form or the screens contacts are somehow partially disconnected form the circuit.....probably caused by the screen moving since we all know that the Storm screen is a little loose and tends to jiggle......probably a wear and tear type deal...i'd just get a replacement since you have the insurance
    06-01-09 02:52 AM
    no water ever gets near this thing! lol i make sure of that! this phone is babied!, but yea i guess thats what i'll have to do... man that means i gotta use my Moto Hint until i get it fixed and i just got off that thing...
    06-01-09 03:02 AM
    no water ever gets near this thing! lol i make sure of that! this phone is babied!, but yea i guess thats what i'll have to do... man that means i gotta use my Moto Hint until i get it fixed and i just got off that thing...
    Oh man, that sucks...yeah i am almost certain that the screen contacts are somehow partially disconnected from the device itself, causing it to short out.....seems logical...you just ended up with a lemon..one thing you could try is to cut out a business card to the exact size of your battery compartment, putting it in there under the battery, putting the battery back and the battery door back, and see if your screen gets consistent contact....i did that to fix my screen click issue...what it does, is it forces a little more pressure on the screen, and maybe that will help you make contact better as well...try it and report back....
    06-01-09 03:08 AM
    I'm really not sure if that will work or not, as i don't really know the electronic blueprint and layout of the Storm, but hey...at this point, it's worth a shot.....considering that you're probably gonna just get a new one anyways...maybe this will work and tie you over until your new Storm comes in the mail......
    06-01-09 03:11 AM
    Potential causes/solutIons:

Device in bedside mode > clock > menu > exit bedside mode.

Backlight timeout > options > screen/keyboard > backlight timeout > 2min.

Temporary glitch > battery pull (w/device ON).

3rd party screen lock > uninstall.
    06-01-09 03:18 AM
    Potential causes/solutIons:

Device in bedside mode > clock > menu > exit bedside mode.

Backlight timeout > options > screen/keyboard > backlight timeout > 2min.

Temporary glitch > battery pull (w/device ON).

3rd party screen lock > uninstall.
    none of those, done multiple battery pulls trying to fix it, but thanks, about to try the card thing
    06-01-09 03:24 AM
    let me know if it works.....its a longshot, but worth the try
    06-01-09 03:32 AM
    Also in the future please use a more descriptive title than lyK3 0mg3ZzZ pl0x help me!!!!

It only makes it harder for people to help you when they don't know what you're talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:32 AM
    okay, i tried the buisness card and no immediate results, so i took it out and tried it normal again, and no result so i just left it alone, just pressed a button and it came on, but its still messed up, everything is upside down and the text is mirrored and when i press the screen little lines start to go everywhere in odd colors.
    06-01-09 03:41 AM
    alright i found out where the screen connects to the motherboard, it wraps around from the front to the back directly under the MicroSD card slot, if you have any ideas on how to put some good pressure here then i'm up for it. heres the video that i figured this out from. says i can't post a link but just copy it into your browser youtube.com/watch?v=zsSGU4QVTBQ
    06-01-09 03:50 AM
    I'd get a replacement if I were you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 07:28 AM
    I fixed the title. I'm with the get a replacement camp.

Thorn, remember to ....(from our Forum Posting Rules)......

Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'somone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Pearl will not show myFaves icons” or “How do I use BB Maps on my 8100”
    06-01-09 07:36 AM
    If it's got not water damage then my guess is there is probably a short on the device that is stopping the screen from working properly. It must still be on warranty or something like that, so I would just return it and get it fixed.
    06-01-09 08:00 AM
    This is making me worried that the replacement LCD screen/digitizer I bought for my issue (the same as this) might not fix my problem. My fingers are crossed that it's the fault of the screen/ribbon cable and not the actual board itself or I might cry. A little.
    06-01-09 08:07 AM
    Joski: hope it works! U cd instead get replacement.Safer/less fun.
    06-01-09 09:28 AM
    I have no warranty, so I'm stuck with trying to fix it. If the screen doesn't work, I'm going to get an 8900 on a new contract with a different carrier.
    06-01-09 09:53 AM
    sigh, alltel won't do anything, RIM wont do anything, so i got a busted device with warranty... that no one will honor.... i'm screwed... lady from alltel told me to return it to the guy i bought it from on ebay saying there was some hope there
    06-01-09 11:19 AM
    Dude, I'll tell you if the replacement screen works. Then you know if you fork over $99, you could possibly do it yourself.
    06-01-09 11:21 AM
    im absolutely positive i could do it myself i have worked on zune, ipods, wii, xbox360, anything you can imagine, i just didn't want to void the intact warranty.... that no one will honor... i'm looking for a repair center to keep the warranty there but yea, let me know if the screen replacement works! i would be happy to do that instead man
    06-01-09 11:36 AM
    could this be a software problem? i mean is there a way it could be?
    06-01-09 11:25 PM
    alright, i can reset it and sometimes it will come on but have just a black screen and the backlight is lit and sometimes when i click a button the screen will work but if i text or anything it goes back off again. I have it activated on Alltel and have insurance on it but does anyone know of a way to fix this?? its killing me and pissing me off!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!
    oh i know what your problem is you have to punch the screen a few times then it should work...j/k
    06-02-09 12:06 AM
    oh i know what your problem is you have to punch the screen a few times then it should work...j/k
    sad to say i tried that lol, like i said, open for anything here
    06-02-09 02:15 AM
    thorn11166, the screen should be here today and I will keep you posted.
    06-02-09 08:25 AM
    thorn11166, the screen should be here today and I will keep you posted.
    thanks man! hope it works
    06-02-09 12:58 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD