Oh my god. I feel so dizzy right now. My screen is flickering like crazy. It flickers only at the browser but not on other apps. Does anybody have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 06:19 PM
    Actually, I noticed that it flickers not only at the browser but it's an on/off problem.

* I tried to search "flicker" but most threads were about the flicker website. *
    02-28-09 07:04 PM
    Mine has started to flicker in the media player while I'm playing music. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution yet but if I do, I'll let you know.
    02-28-09 09:48 PM
    This is know issue with some OS's in bright sunlight. Something to do with the ambient light sensor getting overwhelmed. I have encountered it a few times. I would think turning off auto dim would fix it.

02-28-09 10:07 PM
    happened to me on 1st storm did 2 batt pulls and it went away
    02-28-09 10:17 PM
    my **** does that dumbass **** all the time
    02-28-09 10:18 PM
    This is know issue with some OS's in bright sunlight. Something to do with the ambient light sensor getting overwhelmed. I have encountered it a few times. I would think turning off auto dim would fix it.

I'll give it a try. As long as it's software issue, I don't care. Hopefully it'll be fixed with a new OS. But if it's hardware, it'd really **** me off.

Even though I haven't tried it, I do think you're right about the light sensor. My Storm only did it outdoors.
    03-01-09 04:36 AM
    My Storm also dims in direct sunlight, even with Auto Dim set to Off. Does any body know a fix for this?
    03-19-09 10:14 AM
    Does any one else think this is backwards. It should dim on the dark and be not dim in bright light.
    03-19-09 10:54 AM
    Mine has started to flicker in the media player while I'm playing music. Unfortunately, I haven't found a solution yet but if I do, I'll let you know.

Same exact thing for me. Sigh
    04-14-09 05:27 PM
    Same exact thing for me. Sigh
    Ok nevermind ... did a battery pull and it fixed it.

Nice.
    04-14-09 05:36 PM
    My Storm also dims in direct sunlight, even with Auto Dim set to Off. Does any body know a fix for this?
    Get rid of OS .75
    04-14-09 05:40 PM
    Does any one else think this is backwards. It should dim on the dark and be not dim in bright light.
    That's the way mine works... when I'm outside, the screen gets brighter... when I'm inside, it dims.
    04-14-09 05:40 PM
    mine does it too
    04-14-09 07:38 PM
    [QUOTE=wangster;1818160]Oh my god. I feel so dizzy right now. My screen is flickering like crazy. It flickers only at the browser but not on other apps. Does anybody have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE

I started having this problem today on my 9700, contacted my service provider who are sending me a brand new phone, tried re booting it, truned auto dim off, still did sort the issue out.
    03-08-10 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD