Hey, I got my replacement Storm today, which works perfectly, and I'm looking at my old Storm, and it has a bunch of scratches on the top. Not the bottom the top. I always carry my Storm in the RIM holster. You know, the one that you can buy from online and Verizon stores? Well, now that I think about it, its probably the holster. Why? Because when I insert my Storm in the holster, I put it in upside down and the screen is facing the clip to put it on your pants. So anyone else think that this is the reason for the scratched top? Thanks in advanced.
    01-23-09 04:01 PM
    i dont think so , i have the same case , do the same thing and i dont have that issue at all. and it would be really hard for that case to scratch the phone anyway its waaaay to soft.
    01-23-09 04:05 PM
    Is there scratches around where the holster comes into contact with your storm? Could you post some pics to help us see what you are talking about? I have the same holster and I dont have that problem.
    Last edited by Jkozy; 01-23-09 at 04:06 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Not unless there's crud in the holster. You sure you're not scratching it somewhere else? Have you tried to wipe it... sometimes there's oils in the holster from you placing the phone in there dirty and when you put it in and take it out, the friction actually smears those oils in direct lines on the screen and sides. Makes it look like faint scratches, but it's not.
    I wipe it good with an eye glass cleaning cloth. There are scratches by the Blackberry logo and they're not straight scratches. There curved, ironically they kind of look like a lightning bolt. I've never dropped the phone or anything. I just ask this because like I said my replacement came today and I don't want it to happen to this phone.
    01-23-09 04:10 PM
    That's got to be from crap in your holster. Are you a dirty boy?
    01-23-09 04:13 PM
    That's got to be from crap in your holster. Are you a dirty boy?
    lol dont get civic hot lol , lol , and yeah shes right its got to be from stuff in your case.
    01-23-09 04:15 PM
    I use the holster and am constantly popping it in and out of the holster, no signs of scratching at the top at all. So I would definitely say its not the holster doing it.
    01-23-09 04:15 PM
    Lol JRS. Naw, there's no crap or dirt in it.
    01-23-09 04:16 PM
    Lol JRS. Naw, there's no crap or dirt in it.
    then its got to be something done prior and you just didnt notice it, by the sounds of it its caused by you setting the storm down and spinning it on a table or something lol.
    01-23-09 04:19 PM
    See thats the problem, I don't do anything to it, and then BOOM I clean it and it has scratches on it, which made me wonder. It's like there's a friggin scratch fairy that comes around to scratch my phone, lol.
    01-23-09 04:25 PM
    See thats the problem, I don't do anything to it, and then BOOM I clean it and it has scratches on it, which made me wonder. It's like there's a friggin scratch fairy that comes around to scratch my phone, lol.
    I hate the scratch fairy. I have a restraining order against her.
    01-23-09 04:27 PM
    Tell me about it. God, I tried to get a restraining order, but they almost sent me to a mental institution, and then I told 'em I was joking. =)

(For all the idiots who think this is true its not... dumb***es.)
    01-23-09 04:29 PM
    Do you have an earing in one ear that you use to talk on the phone with? If the scratch is on the earpiece section, that could be a culprit.
    01-23-09 04:30 PM
    I'm getting scratched on the battery cover from loading upside down, face in, and yes there are days when my holster gets crud in it. decided to stop using a case and just keeping it in my shirt pocket.
    01-23-09 04:34 PM
    I hate the scratch fairy. I have a restraining order against her.
    The scratch fairy made lots of visits to my old phone. I'm in the process of filing a class action lawsuit against her!
    01-23-09 04:42 PM
    Do you have an earing in one ear that you use to talk on the phone with? If the scratch is on the earpiece section, that could be a culprit.
    Don't wear earrings, lol.
    01-23-09 04:43 PM
    how clean was the eyeglass cloth that you wiped it with? it might have been residue on the CLOTH itself that caused the scratches as you wiped.
    01-23-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD