no matter what USB port I hook it into my computer will no longer see my phone....just pops up the dreaded USB symbol. The phone comes up with a warning saying that the cable has insufficient ability to charge the phone

It has been doing this ever since I upgraded to .230

My desktop manager can not see my phone

any ideas people?
    09-23-09 12:29 AM
    reboot computer. Plug BB in and take the battery out. Keep in plugged into the PC then put the batter back in.
    09-23-09 01:03 AM
    Thanx for the troubleshoot....I tried it but it still doesnt work

I am wondering if the USB driver is corrupted....where do I find a new one to download?
    09-23-09 06:02 AM
    Before you say its your usb driver, try plugging in something else in your usb to see it works..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 06:12 AM
    Have you tried enabling "Mass Storage Mode" on your device?
    09-23-09 06:53 AM
    I'm having the same problems as the OP. I've tried all the suggestions here, also.

I started when I put .230 on my phone.
    09-23-09 07:00 AM
    This is seriously not good guys.....

The USB will no longer charge my phone nor recognize it.

I cant back it up....I cant have any communications at all

and I have tried all of my USB ports.....all of which are working fine with my wireless transmitors
    09-23-09 08:40 AM
    This is seriously not good guys.....

The USB will no longer charge my phone nor recognize it.

I cant back it up....I cant have any communications at all

and I have tried all of my USB ports.....all of which are working fine with my wireless transmitors
    Well, if it works with OTHER devices, but doesnt event charge your phone, then simple math would suggest that its something with the phone or cable.

If it charged the phone, but wouldnt recognize it as a valid USB device....that'd be a different issue.

You need to try the phone in another computer to really pinpoint the culprit.
    09-23-09 09:15 AM
    I have the same problem, I plug in my phone and it shows the charging indicator and no error messages but it lies oh how it lies, because I wake up to a dead berry. Some type of BS i tell ya.
    09-23-09 09:46 AM
    I have the same problem, I plug in my phone and it shows the charging indicator and no error messages but it lies oh how it lies, because I wake up to a dead berry. Some type of BS i tell ya.
    You using one of the 5.0.x OSs to? If so, then that very well could be a large part of the problem.

Try another computer as well to see if the same thing occurs.
    09-23-09 10:58 AM
    Oh, not that its related, but the USB cable will charge the phone a LOT slower than the AC charger.

FYI...
    09-23-09 11:00 AM
    I have the same problem on .230. I downgraded to .167 due to bluetooth issues and it has no problem reading the phone on .167. Upgraded to .230 again trying a fix for bt and it is back to the same usb problem. Play with the cord at the usb slot and eventually it will read it,at least that is what I did.
    09-23-09 11:45 AM
    Its definitely something wrong on your end because I have everything installed and seems to be working perfectly. If your phone won't connect to your computer even as a media device. Then I would consider finding all blackberry stuff on your pc and uninstalling it. I then would reinstall Blackberry Desktop software. Then plug the phone in and let it reinstall the stuff needed to connect.
    09-23-09 12:45 PM
    Is everyone using the OEM charger or are you using a generic one? I plug mine into the wall and I havent had any problems.
    09-23-09 01:15 PM
    Do you have desktop manager installed on your machine? Maybe uninstall and reinstall that. That has drivers that you may need.
    It could just be the USB. I had that type of problem with an old iPod and a new USB cable was all that was needed.
    09-23-09 03:43 PM
    I did download and install the software on my Laptop and my phone has no issues there.

I have deleted all of my Blackberry apps off my computer and re-installed....the problem did not go away

for whatever reason my computer simply will not see it as a phone.....in device manager it is simply listed as an unknown device

very frustrating.....I guess i will have to downgrade it back to the .151/.167 hybrid

sad because this build (other than not having Meterberry) has a lot of good things on it and showed great promice
    09-23-09 03:56 PM
    Options> Memory>Auto enable mass storage when connected - Set this to "yes"
    Had the same problem and this is what fixed it for me
    09-23-09 07:00 PM
    I had the same problem and it was the cable.

Also, when using Windows 7/ Vista, you can occasionally get USB errors as well, if you simply unplug the device, rather than stopping USB properly.
    09-24-09 09:17 AM
    Have you tried this:

link to a bat file fix here....Mass Storage issues? (Here's the fix) - PinStack Smartphone Forums
    Someone else wrote up these great instructions...
    1) Download the attachment from the above link to your desktop (you'll have to register at pinstack)
    2) Unzip it and run "BB Storage Activation new" in the unzipped folder. It will mention something about a boot rom.
    3) Connect your phone to your computer via USB. DOS window should indicate it found your phone and will initiate the fix
    4) Phone will reboot automatically. Disconnect the phone.
    5) When phone fully boots up again, reconnect. You should now see the two drives in windows explorer (assuming mass storage is enabled on your phone).
    09-24-09 10:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD