Tried calvinosaurus's solution but with no luck. But why should anyone be doing anything other than demanding a replacement under warranty? That's what I'm doing now.
    02-14-09 02:51 PM
    I'm in the same boat. This all started last week and was an intermittent problem. Gonna try all above suggested fixes. We shall see.
    02-16-09 05:44 PM
    well pressed around camera, pulled battery, and even "tapped" it a bit to see if something was loose. Kinda sux. This one was a Canadian build. Guess i'll have to roll the dice at the store and hope they are still new units not refurbs yet.
    02-16-09 07:50 PM
    u gotta press quite hard on the camera lens.. do it while the device is off without the battery..
    02-16-09 08:08 PM
    i had the same problem and pressing pretty hard on the camera lense worked for me. im so fed up with this phone i really didnt care if i broke it or not.

im glad i came across this site and this thread. thanks alot.

personally i think the storm is a piece of junk, i will never buy another one thats for sure.
    it is finicky as heck and freezes all the time, ive updated the software . i cracked a corner on the screen getting the number pad up just by pressing on it, LOL. come to find out the screen costs more than a whole new phone.

should have went with the iphone and at&t.

once again thanks for this thread, at least the camera works now.
    06-16-09 12:16 AM
    Mine did the same and had to get a replacment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ya know, I was having the same issue. and I'm not one to give in and get a replacement, I need to know why.....

I started looking the at the event logs and saw an overlay error....I immediately knew what I should try and I encourage you to as well.

If you have used custom theme, think back to when you first started having the issue and the theme you were using....for me it was Sphereberry....

I re-installed the theme (which I had deleted, months ago) and SHAZZZAM my caerma now works and it consistently stable.....for about a day so far....

Somehow re-installing the theme stopped the overlay errors completely.

hope this helps
    06-16-09 07:21 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD