this is my first time posting so sorry if i put this thread in the wrong category. i just got a storm that was already flashed over to metropcs but only with talk and sms and i have tried several times unsuccesfully to get the mms and internet up and running. I figured it couldnt hurt to get some advice. how do i get it going. what settings should i have in on the cdma edit screen? i have tried to download service books and load them onto the phone and they appear in the bb desktop manager but they dont appear in the phone once its disconnected from the computer. i currently have no service books entries at all and if i call metro to try and get them sent they say they wont becuz they wont support a bb that was not sold by them. also my host routing table is empty.i dont know if that matters but i have seen on here several times where ppl said to go to the host routing table and register which also hasnt worked for me. what am i doing wrong? I just really want this to work since im paying metro for the service anyway. any help/input is greatly appreciated. thanks guys.
    06-15-10 07:31 PM
    Do you have Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) on your account? If you don't, you need this before the internet, mms, and any blackberry branded applications (facebook, maps, bbm, im clients) won't work either.

If you do, you should keep trying your carriers support number until you get a person willing to work with you.
    06-15-10 08:01 PM
    I dont have a BIS account but whenever i try to create on myself at their website BlackBerry Internet Service or have a rep try to create it over the phone they get an error saying that its not working becuz the phone does not belong to my carrier (its a verizon phone) but the thing is i know it can be done becuz i have seen it several times on forums and youtube and there is even a guy in my area that claims he can make it work for me but he wants $75 and thats way to much..anyone with experience as to what i can do to get it going?
    06-15-10 09:02 PM
    Try Howard Forums. They have a lot of people with experience in flashing.
    06-15-10 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD