This showed up the other day and i have no idea what it is.. never seen it before. maybe something to do with voice mail? i use youmail. tried battery pull doesn't go away and its not in my manual from Verizon. Thanks.

Attachment 35205
    08-18-09 01:30 PM
    It's a voicemail
    08-18-09 01:31 PM
    Pretty sure that one means you have a voice mail. You have to dial in to verizons voice mail (*86 or speed dial 1) to delete it, then the icon will go away.
    Last edited by grey; 08-18-09 at 01:34 PM.
    08-18-09 01:32 PM
    So its verizons original voicemail? how did i get a voicemail on that if i use youmail? and how can i go about deleting it to get rid of the notification?
    08-18-09 01:33 PM
    Pretty sure that one means you have a voice mail. You have to dial in to verizons voice mail (*86 or speed dial 1) to delete it, then the icon will go away.
    that..........
    08-18-09 01:36 PM
    I thought all phones had this icon even "dumb" phones.
    08-18-09 01:54 PM
    it was the voicemail.. i called my verizon voicemail and deleted the messages.. still dont know how someone left a message on there when i use Youmail.
    08-18-09 01:57 PM
    it was the voicemail.. i called my verizon voicemail and deleted the messages.. still dont know how someone left a message on there when i use Youmail.
    It happens when the forwarding does not take place. I have had that happen in the past and like yourself- call your verizon vmail and then clear the message.
    08-18-09 02:06 PM
    I thought all phones had this icon even "dumb" phones.
    It was definitely different than that on most of my older "dumb" phones.
    08-18-09 02:38 PM
    HOW DO YOU GET THAT TO POP UP!?

Whenever Some Leaves Me A Voicemail I Don't Get Any Notification, I'm On Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 03:03 PM
    HOW DO YOU GET THAT TO POP UP!?

Whenever Some Leaves Me A Voicemail I Don't Get Any Notification, I'm On Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't ever get it either, but only because I use visual voicemail rather than tradional voicemail. You also *shouldn't* see it if you use a 3rd party answering service, such as "YouMail"
    08-18-09 03:49 PM
    I use YouMail as well but sometimes it will not forward to YouMail but go directly to VZW's default voicemail. It seems like when you're trying to call someone, or when somebody is calling you but the phonecall is not actually connected (at the time the phone is ringing), any new incoming phonecalls will be connected directly to VZW's default voicemail.
    08-18-09 08:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD