This is neither rant nor rave, so I didn't know where else to post this.

I'm swapping my Storm for a Curve. (I feel the Storm has tremendous potential. I will miss it, but it's just not the phone for me right now. I wish others nothing but lots of fun and best of success with it, so please, no attacks? Besides, it got me hooked on BB so I'm just moving across the street )

I have to ship the Storm back to VZW. I did the Wipe Handheld Command to get all my personal data off the phone. (Everything is on the Curve and Outlook, so that's all good.)

But after the wipe I tapped Contacts just to be sure and got this message:
    "There are contacts saved on your SIM card. Would you like to copy these to your Blackberry Contacts? and then Yes or No options.

Storm is my first smartphone so I've not dealt with this before. All messages, memos, everything personal appears to be gone except for what's on the SIM card.

Can someone tell me how to clear the SIM card of personal info? ~Thanks!
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 02-20-09 at 09:42 AM.
    02-20-09 09:38 AM
    This is neither rant nor rave, so I didn't know where else to post this.

I'm swapping my Storm for a Curve. (I feel the Storm has tremendous potential. I will miss it, but it's just not the phone for me right now. I wish others nothing but lots of fun and best of success with it, so please, no attacks? Besides, it got me hooked on BB so I'm just moving across the street )

I have to ship the Storm back to VZW. I did the Wipe Handheld Command to get all my personal data off the phone. (Everything is on the Curve and Outlook, so that's all good.)

But after the wipe I tapped Contacts just to be sure and got this message:
    "There are contacts saved on your SIM card. Would you like to copy these to your Blackberry Contacts? and then Yes or No options.

Storm is my first smartphone so I've not dealt with this before. All messages, memos, everything personal appears to be gone except for what's on the SIM card.

Can someone tell me how to clear the SIM card of personal info? ~Thanks!
    Unless you saved the info to the SIM card, the only thing on it is a VZW contact. And you can format the SIM through Option>Memory>BB Key > Format.
    02-20-09 09:49 AM
    Hi mpafr012,
    Thanks for the quick response!
    No, I didn't save contacts to SIM card.
    (At least not intentionally )
    So not sure how they got stored on SIM.

I'm a little uneasy having others people's private contact info left on there.

If I Format the SIM card, will that cause some kind of issue with VZW and the return, if my contract is stored on it?
    02-20-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD