Still using the original Storm because I destroyed my Storm2. I'm having MAJOR memory drain issues that I can't seem to figure out. following are the apps that I have installed on my Storm:

Gmail
    ESPN Launcher
    Detroit Tigers Launcher
    BB Podcasts
    ProFootballTalk Launcher
    CNN Launcher
    CrackBerry Launcher
    American Airlines Launcher
    Opera Mini
    Seamless Web
    OpenTable
    Google Maps
    QuickPull

THEME:
    The iPhone Simulator

I do not have BB App world downloaded. And I don't understand why any of these would cause for a memory drain. When I reboot, I start with 23MB. About 12 hours later, I'm essentially at 0.0 (or something near that).

Any thoughts on how I can figure out the problem?
    04-05-11 12:38 PM
    Is this a new problem? Still using a storm one myself and I start at about 30 mb and drop to the teens after a day or two, so I am getting a drain but not that dramatic.

Have you loaded any new apps? How about that theme? I am not familiar with it, but you may want to delete it for a day and see how that goes. You can also do a security wipe and see if you gain some memory. (back up data - go to options, security, security wipe, check the first two boxes only and wipe - then restore phone data from backup file.)
    04-05-11 01:28 PM
    probaly the best way is to uinstall one app at at time......when the leak stops you found your culprit..kinda of a pain i know but when all things equal something had to change><<<<<< good luck
    04-05-11 01:32 PM
    I would start with removing the theme. Run the phone with just the stock Zen theme installed and see how the drain is.
    04-05-11 01:41 PM
    probaly the best way is to uinstall one app at at time......when the leak stops you found your culprit..kinda of a pain i know but when all things equal something had to change><<<<<< good luck
    Yea, i figured this was the best way to determine the culprit, but was just dong whatever I could to avoid it....

I will start with the theme (as mentioned in another post) and go from there.

Such a freaking pain this da*n Storm
    04-05-11 03:27 PM
    I have had the storm and storm 2.

Both suck on many levels. A standard practice to deal with all the memory, battery life and a slew of other issues..is to wipe and reinstall every month.

I'm on my way to an iPhone.
    No one ever says " oh..this darn iPhone."
    Last edited by blewvelvet; 04-06-11 at 03:38 PM. Reason: After thought
    04-06-11 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD