I plugged my phone into bb desktop manager last night and it said their was a core upgrade. So I went ahead and ran the upgrade.
    Later I found that my phone wasnt ringing or alerting me new tests and emails.

I went to the sounds settings and found that all the ringtones and alerts were gone they were deleted somehow.

Is there some where that I can find those files and reload them on my phone?
    without having to reinstall the OS?

Thanks
    10-17-09 07:33 PM
    That sucks. Have you tried just plugging your storm into desktop manager and seeing if it will allow you to add them back.
    10-17-09 10:09 PM
    i did the same exact thing also, just do a battery pull and everything should come back.
    10-17-09 10:33 PM
    And you didn't use shrink a OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-09 10:47 PM
    same thing happened to me.. i did a battery pull but it didn't work.. is there anyway to fix this?
    10-18-09 11:23 AM
    Same thing happened to me... battery pull does nothing to resolve. When I try to go back and manually add a ringtone to the account, there are no ring tones.
    10-20-09 07:44 PM
    Is your phone still pluged in ur computer? You can't access your SD card if pluged.
    10-20-09 08:09 PM
    Did a core upgrade and the same thing happened--lost all ringtones and alert! I didn't put in any new ones, they were all pre-installed. Someone please help us!
    Last edited by ttown54; 10-21-09 at 12:03 AM. Reason: misspelling
    10-21-09 12:03 AM
    Lost all preloaded tones/alerts as well. uninstalled Facebook, rebooted- nothing yet. will try reloading tones via DM tomorrow (USB cable's at the office). any other suggestions?
    10-21-09 10:44 PM
    I've done a battery pull, wiped and restored my storm. Still do not have the preloaded ringtones Any help is appreciated.
    10-22-09 09:07 AM
    This did happen to me before as well. Wht I did was save them to my SD card and put them in a folder. Just like i put all my wall papers that I added.. ever since I did this no problem.

They get whiped out unless you save them on your SD card..

Also if you had them sent to your phone. Go in your SMS messages and look for them. If oyur lucky there still there and you can just save again.. NO problem ' guess it is if you delete the SmS messages..

Hope this was some kind of help for you guys.
    10-22-09 09:17 AM
    Im glad I didnt do the update. I thought about it and then said no. I did a shrink and got rid of most of my ringtones anyhow. I just make my own.
    10-22-09 09:19 AM
    I'm having this same issue as well. I spoke with VZ, three times yesterday, and not having much luck. Any help...?
    10-23-09 12:02 PM
    I know it has been said, but I wanted to add some weight to the battery pull. Same problem and the battery pull worked.

I am sure it is not going to fix everyones problems, but it did mine
    10-23-09 02:02 PM
    Same problem here- all ringtones gone. Battery pull did not help.

This also caused some issues with incoming call notification. I have my phone set to vibrate only. Despite the fact that all the ringtones are gone, it would vibrate, then beep 3 times, then vibrate again.

I added a single ringtone of my own and the beeping stopped.

Can't find the ringtones in DM. Where are they stored?

Thanks.
    10-23-09 04:44 PM
    same thing happened hear upgrade lost my alerts and pre set ring tones all my music is still there battery pull worked for me.
    10-23-09 07:23 PM
    I just had that happen to me last night when i installed the desktop and did the upgrade but heres what i did to fix it. I unistalled the desktop and did a wipe on my handheld. I reinstalled the desktop with the 4.7 version not the 5.0. When i did the wipe on the handheld it did not work so i i hooked it up to desktop 4.7 and did the upgrade and restarted it and it didn't work again so i did a wipe one more time and removed all third party apps with it then it was all restored. After that i hooked it up to the desktop 4.7 and DIDN'T do the core upgrade this time. It's weird the way i had to do it but hey it worked. Hope this helps you guys out.
    Last edited by Exiled44; 10-24-09 at 04:02 PM.
    10-24-09 03:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD