The problem is I work offshore in the gulf of mexico and there is only petrocom and att out there. I have verizon and I can see the petrocom service but I cant use it. is there some setting i can chang to make this work?
    any help would be awesome thanks guys!!
    02-28-09 05:43 PM
    I do know that there have been some posters on here (including myself I can go from Tmo to AT&T) that can use another carrier's towers when their regular carrier doesn't have a signal in that area. There have also been posters that said their original carrier wanted to cancel their contract/service because they were spending too much time on the other carrier's towers.

A carrier has to pay another carrier usage fees when their customers use another's tower. So they don't like it when customers spend a majority of their time on another's network.

The best thing to do is call Verizon and ask them. It may save you time and money in the end.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-01-09 05:20 AM
    The problem is I work offshore in the gulf of mexico and there is only petrocom and att out there. I have verizon and I can see the petrocom service but I cant use it. is there some setting i can chang to make this work?
    any help would be awesome thanks guys!!
    Have you called Verizon to enable international calling? I was able to use my Storm in Mexico.
    03-01-09 09:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD