It is no secret that I like my BB Storm BUT with one BIG acception...the little 'switch application' menu that pop-up and is hard to go away, every time I select the menu button. It is a pain...a real pain. Have I missed the tip & trick to remove this nuisance screen/tool? Please help!
    01-28-09 04:01 PM
    I don't think you can remove it. How long are you holding down your BB button? If you hold it down, it should display the app menu. If you just click (press and release) it, it should show the BB menu. If you are having this problem when just clicking it, turn your key rate down:

Options › Screen/Keyboard and set Key Rate to Normal.
    01-28-09 04:27 PM
    Right, I reset it from high to normal and that did the trick. I sincerely appreciate the reply.
    01-28-09 05:20 PM
    Glad I could help. You'll also appreciate it being set to Normal when using the backspace key in a laggy browser text box. I would hold down the backspace key to delete a word, and by the time the cursor caught up I had deleted an entire paragraph.
    01-28-09 05:56 PM
    The "key rate" setting has no effect on the actual hard buttons. Just typing.

See link:http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/what...66/#post415720

I dont think there is any sensitivity settings for the hard keys... sorry
    01-29-09 05:45 PM
    I had the same issue with the app switcher coming up and switching the rate slower solved this problem for me
    01-29-09 06:06 PM
    I had the same issue with the app switcher coming up and switching the rate slower solved this problem for me
    This key rate setting "fixing" that has got to be in you peoples heads. It make no difference what so ever. Does anyone have video proof of this making any tangible difference in the way the hard buttons work?

It changes the ENTER, SPACE, DELETE and CAPITALIZATION of letters by holding the letter in a HUGE way. Why would it change the hard buttons by a few milliseconds?
    01-29-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD