Alright... so I did the device transfer in Desktop Manager, and things have not been working right. Email doesnt work, even though it is listed, things are taking up memory that I am not aware of, etc.

I'd like to start over (as the phone was when I got it on Friday), and individually add programs, contacts, etc.

I've looked in the paperwork that came with the device, but I don't see instructions on how to do this.

Any guidance is appreciated!!

Thanks
    11-23-08 09:07 PM
    Alright... so I did the device transfer in Desktop Manager, and things have not been working right. Email doesnt work, even though it is listed, things are taking up memory that I am not aware of, etc.

I'd like to start over (as the phone was when I got it on Friday), and individually add programs, contacts, etc.

I've looked in the paperwork that came with the device, but I don't see instructions on how to do this.

Any guidance is appreciated!!

Thanks

Somewhere in the options>>>advanced are security settigns. If you can find this menu and hit the bb button it should say WIPE HANDHELD or something to that effect. Also possible through the options - memory to clear the device.
    11-23-08 09:11 PM
    Will this keep the OS/Platform in tact? And I'm assuming this will take me back to the way it was when I initially bought it?

Thank you
    11-23-08 09:14 PM
    Yes, keeps it in tact but wipes data. Kind of like a recovery of windows. Resets it back to the original state.
    11-23-08 09:17 PM
    Found it. It literally says WIPE HANDSET. Let's see what happens...

Thanks for info!
    11-23-08 09:36 PM
    Worked like a charm
    11-23-08 10:02 PM
    I cannot find the WIPE on my device???
    12-05-08 12:36 PM
    I cannot find the WIPE on my device???
    I found it. I'm sending my device back because I got my replacement on today (bad pixels and the click was hard - all fixed on the new one now).

WARNING: This erases all data. I highly recommend a backup of the current system state before doing this!!!

Options > Security Options > General Settings > BlackBerry Button > Wipe Handheld

It ask you to type blackberry and then press enter. The device should power off once that is completed.
    12-11-08 12:16 AM
    what does it wipe?
    12-11-08 12:32 AM
    For $500 it should wipe your arse lol.......
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-11-08 at 01:02 AM.
    12-11-08 12:44 AM
    It wipes everything but the os...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD