okay, so this has caused me multiple problems since i've got my storm and its all related to the .rem ext the BB adds to files during certain functions on the device.

is there a way to prevent the phone from automatically adding that extention?

it's rendering some files useless and i'm not too happy about it. or, is there a way to convert them back to normal?

and please don't say just remove the .rem, i've tried and that isn't working (it does in some cases, but i'd like a sure thing)

thank you in advance
    05-05-09 03:19 PM
    What certain functions? I've never had or even heard of the issue you are describing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-09 03:24 PM
    What certain functions? I've never had or even heard of the issue you are describing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    even if i just take a picture on the phone... it is created in .jpg.rem format

or if i have a JPG file on the phone that i dragged and dropped to it, it will remain as is, but if i move i once on the phone, it auto-adds the extension
    05-05-09 03:29 PM
    Do you have the encryption option enabled under the security settings on your phone? I am sure that I read somewhere that it is an encryption setting that adds the .rem extension to files... (I could be wrong, though).
    05-05-09 03:34 PM
    What you are describing is not a normal function of having jpg's on the SD card. I do this all the time, wether taking pictures on the Storm and moving them to the PC or vice versa. Where are you placing the pictures on the Storm?
    05-05-09 03:43 PM
    Do you have the encryption option enabled under the security settings on your phone? I am sure that I read somewhere that it is an encryption setting that adds the .rem extension to files... (I could be wrong, though).
    Content Compression: Disabled
    Content Protection: Disabled
    05-05-09 03:43 PM
    What you are describing is not a normal function of having jpg's on the SD card. I do this all the time, wether taking pictures on the Storm and moving them to the PC or vice versa. Where are you placing the pictures on the Storm?
    i'm not sure i understood that, are you saying having JPGs on an SD card isn't normal???

it doesn't matter where they go, could be on the phone, could be in the pics folder on the card, could be a random folder... same result
    05-05-09 03:45 PM
    See this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/jpg-vs-jpg-rem-74301/
    05-05-09 03:47 PM
    MY MAN...!

thank you, i even searched "jpg.rem" and didn't find that thread

seriously though this had been killing me
    05-05-09 03:54 PM
    I was right! Woo-hoo!
    (Just not about where the setting was.)
    05-05-09 04:03 PM
    I was right! Woo-hoo!
    (Just not about where the setting was.)
    gotta love it when those moments shine thru!!!
    05-05-09 04:12 PM
    My blackberry is a corporate phone. When I try to turn the encryption off on the media card I get the message that "the chosen encryption is less that your current IT policy". So is there another way besides email to get the pictures off the phone? I have about 80 pictures I need to copy to my computer. I have tried to rename the extension - that did not work for me.
    Thanks.
    05-18-09 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD