ok. so i tried to go from 4.7 to 5.0. i did a back up. even backed up the 3rd party apps. once it was done and rebooted my phone i notest it looked the same. apps and wallpaer and all. except my radio was off. i when to "about" and it still says v. 4.7 and i turned the phone off and back on and the radio is still off even did a batt. pull. what did i do wrong? i had the dm find the update. it said 5.01 ( i think, it was 5. something) and i let it do its thing from there. i have force radio on so i could use that if its safe right now. but i shouldnt have to.
    11-20-09 01:26 PM
    ok. so i tried to go from 4.7 to 5.0. i did a back up. even backed up the 3rd party apps. once it was done and rebooted my phone i notest it looked the same. apps and wallpaer and all. except my radio was off. i when to "about" and it still says v. 4.7 and i turned the phone off and back on and the radio is still off even did a batt. pull. what did i do wrong? i had the dm find the update. it said 5.01 ( i think, it was 5. something) and i let it do its thing from there. i have force radio on so i could use that if its safe right now. but i shouldnt have to.
    Did you go to network connections and try to turn the radio back on from there? It's not unusual for the radio to be off after an update or if you're using something like BBSAK.

As for the OS, 5.0 doesn't actually "look" any different, but if your about screen says you're still on 4.7 something then you did something wrong with your upgrade.

More information?
    11-20-09 01:38 PM
    Did you go to network connections and try to turn the radio back on from there? It's not unusual for the radio to be off after an update or if you're using something like BBSAK.

As for the OS, 5.0 doesn't actually "look" any different, but if your about screen says you're still on 4.7 something then you did something wrong with your upgrade.

More information?
    what i meant by looks different was that all my apps were there and evrything had my settings.... when i oppened the dm again it started updating again and now i think it might work. we will see.
    11-20-09 01:51 PM
    it worked. its done. and it didnt erase any apps or pics or messages or anything.
    11-20-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD