Trying to download a file and get this error:

The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?

Anyone know how to fix this???
    04-14-09 03:37 AM
    Ummmmm......you have to be WAY more specific for anyone to help....

Is it a video file?
    04-14-09 03:38 AM
    Ummm no I am trying to download the pocket express file from a Telus web page and instead of letting me install it like a normal file it gives me that error message....
    04-14-09 03:40 AM
    And youre trying to do it from your phone? Are you positive the link that you are trying to download it from is an OTA link?

If its not, it will not download straight to your phone. .alx files are to be downloaded to your computer along with their respective .cod files and loaded using DM or AppLoader to your phone.

OTA files are .jad format.
    04-14-09 03:44 AM
    I have downloaded from this link a million times and I recently installed a new OS and now am having this problem..I resent the service books so i know its not that.

Yes I am doing this from my phone...
    04-14-09 03:46 AM
    So you are sure that its an OTA link?

Well, if you have internet and can get to the link then you obviously have data connection so service books and HRT dont need to be touched. It could be an issue with the host server itself and the link could also be down.

Although a new OS shouldnt affect this process, it sometimes does screw with the browser functions. Try a battery pull, go back to the link and see if you can do it then.
    04-14-09 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD