So I am borrowing my friend's Storm for the week. He got his for free for 2 months because he works for a company that does market research in the cell phone industry. He has an Iphone so he I can pass along his phone to me easily. Anyways I am planning on buying a VZW Smartphone soon because that is the only carrier that gets reception at my condo. I plan to get the Storm, Omnia, or HTC Touch Pro.

Anyways I have had the Storm for a couple of days and have upgraded to the new OS and I mostly LOVE the phone. BUT my only concern is a major one. I tend to make a lot of typos in general and even more with the Storm Touch screen that is OK except I am having major problems editing my e-mails and documents. The problem is I am having problems getting the cursor to the exact spot where the error is (I keep my nails very short). So I often have to delete a word or several words just to fix a simple one letter mistake. I wish this thing had arrow keys or a mouse/touch pad/trackball to make this process of moving around documents in a precise manner easier. It is maddening trying to edit my documents now. If I can't figure out a way around this I'll go with the Omnia which has a touch pad or the Touch Pro which has a keyboard and a touch pad. I don't mind the Windows Mobile OS at all. All three of these are great phones. I tried the other two out at the VZW store. If AT&T had reception in my area I'd just get the Bold.

So my question is any ideas on how to help me edit my documents easier? Are other people having the same issue? Do you think the BlackBerry would make a software update that added arrow keys to make it easier move around on documents?

Thanks for your comments.
    Last edited by Mozy; 12-03-08 at 11:00 AM.
    12-02-08 11:07 PM
    i was just thinking of typing this up for myself! i have the same problem, it's very frustrating. and you are supposed to be able to highlight a letter to change it to a different one, but this has only worked once for me. looking forward to responses...
    12-02-08 11:09 PM
    I'm hoping to here some more responses to this post.
    12-03-08 10:59 AM
    there are several posts on this already if you search around. The short story is if you hold your finger the cursor will turn transparent then you can slide it to the spot you need it. This can be touch to learn but is really easy once you have it down. To practice, I suggest increasing the phone font size a few levels - it wil be easier to see and move the cursor.
    12-03-08 11:13 AM
    I know that if u touch the screen where the text is and open rectangle appears around a letter. Once the open rectangle appears, you can drag your finger to the point where u want the cursor to stop, you can make corrections this way.
    12-03-08 11:19 AM
    Oh, thank you, Troutseth! I have had my storm for 3 days and love it. But I have been very frustrated with editing. Your answer is an answer to my prayer.
    12-18-08 05:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD