ok, so i "wiped" my phone (because i want to sell it) by going to options>security options>general settings>bb button>wipe handheld. then i went onto the BB desktop manager and upgraded the software (note, this is an unlocked storm, currently using it with AT&T), after all of this my browser icon dissapeared along with all my third party apps (i expected them to be deleted, but NOT the browser icon).

i already did the options>advanced options> Host Routing Table> bb button>register now

i also did a batter pull MANY times

resent the service books like i did when i first unlocked it to use data on it (BB desktop manager> advanced> file> open> attservicebooks.ipd file> transfered)

I even called at&t and they tried sending the service books... WHAT DO I DO?

also note that my pin has not been released by verizon ... please someone be my savior!
    06-21-09 05:57 PM
    Connect your phone to Dm again and are if the browser box jas been checked. That may be the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 06:22 PM
    i went back to the DM and the browser application is grayed out but has a check next to it... nothing changed
    06-21-09 06:53 PM
    check if it is in a folder like apps, downloads, etc..
    06-21-09 06:57 PM
    Do you have data service where you are because the browser icon is pushed through to the phone? lets say you are with verizon and you only have 1X and not EV then the browser icon wont show up until you have data service again.
    06-21-09 06:59 PM
    its not in any of the folders, and i do have data coverage
    06-21-09 07:02 PM
    need the experts here!
    06-21-09 07:04 PM
    if you hold down the bb button the browser icon will be there. if you click on it what does it do?
    06-21-09 07:06 PM
    i hadnt seen it there! but when i click on it it says "your device does not currently have any Browser configuration Service Book Entries. please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device"
    06-21-09 07:08 PM
    yea so theres def something wrong with the service books. But you said you resent them already...maybe one more time could do it lol
    06-21-09 07:37 PM
    ok, well maybe i didnt re-send them right.. how do i do it properly? anyone know where i could download them, and how to install them? at&t cant get them through, and my way obviously didnt work...
    06-21-09 07:40 PM
    If the PIN's not released, then it won't work with another carrier's BIS.

06-21-09 07:50 PM
    i did re-do those same steps, which is why i'm posting a thread here, im out of ideas... and i want it to work while i still have the phone with me..
    06-21-09 07:50 PM
    ok, well maybe i didnt re-send them right.. how do i do it properly? anyone know where i could download them, and how to install them? at&t cant get them through, and my way obviously didnt work...
    Follow the writeup in the Help and FAQ section on how to get it working for AT&T. But it won't work if the PIN isn't released. If you're selling it, what does it matter?

06-21-09 07:53 PM
    my buyer is most likely gonna want internet on it ...
    06-21-09 07:54 PM
    my buyer is most likely gonna want internet on it ...
    No kidding. That's why he'll have to reprovision it himself, just like you did. The browser's not gone, it just won't provision unless you have a plan on it and the pin is released from Verizon.

06-21-09 07:57 PM
    so i re-re-did the process in the forum "how to get all features browser mms working ..." and what happened was the first time i did this the net_rim_bb_browser_daemon module didnt appear when i was to delete it, the second time i did the process it did so this was the problem! i dont know why it didnt appear the first time around but i finally got it to work! yay!
    06-21-09 08:12 PM
    Glad you got it working. Just remember that if the pin is truly locked, you need to disclose that to the buyer. Really, if it was locked, you wouldn't be able to have had your email setup on it, so if you did, then the pin is free from Verizon. Just remember to release it from AT&T prior to selling it.

06-21-09 08:17 PM
    Sorry to post again, but I am having a similar problem. I have looked at all the discussions and have tried everything. I have recent the service books numerous times, done several battery pulls, restored backup files. Nothing is working. I am on Verizon and simply want to reactivate the phone as it was before I wiped it. I am not on a BES, just using gmail. PLEASE HELP
    06-22-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD