ok so i dont have much time and i did search but my storm is completely dead... i tried to peel off the zag inviable sheild... it took the glass with it.... i was wondering, could i replace this through cs? the thing im worried about is im running .103 and i have no way of reversing it... is insurance my only option?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 03:44 PM
    took the glass with it? what is that suppose to mean? so mild adhesive tore the glass off the storm?
    02-26-09 03:49 PM
    yes!!! it wasnt strong at all and the glass came off!!! now the screen shows nothing... only the red light when i put the battery in... thats it..... dm wont recognize it....

02-26-09 03:51 PM
    im on the phone with cs right now and told him my screen came off when i put it back in the leather case... my question is... what happens when/if they fix it. they see .103 on it?

02-26-09 04:09 PM
    I work for Verizon and if the person working on your Storm sees .103 they will void all your warranties insurance or not. Betas void everything that is why all the downloader beware warnings.
    02-26-09 04:12 PM
    will theybe able to see it when the screen doesnt work at all? i have also heard of someone recieveing a replacement with a beta os on it suggesting they dont look at it?

02-26-09 04:14 PM
    Careful with .109 as its been known to carjack Saturns.

02-26-09 04:14 PM
    They shouldn't be able to if the screen completely doesn't work. The 2 things that have been communicated on warranty replacing a Storm are check for the memory card and check the os.
    02-26-09 04:16 PM
    this one im sending in through mail... the screen and the storm itself doesnt work beyond the red led cuz i cant even get dm to see it...
    what do you think? just say f it and do the insureance thing or will what im doing work?

02-26-09 04:19 PM
    Your best bet is insurance for sure make sure you tell them you need the whole phone so they will send you a new one with a battery as opposed to just the front of the phone without a back and battery.
    02-26-09 04:24 PM
    ok... ok.... thought it was worth a shot. but i dont wanna be stuck without a phone.... this suks... stupid screen protector... just for anyones info, the reason i wanted to take it off is because it was attracting A LOT of dust. which would then find its way under the screen....

02-26-09 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD